• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest in Johnson Valley Nov 13-14

We had a great weekend out there, a huge thanks to Goatman for the food on Sat night. The weather was great as was the company that was out there, see.....we all can co- exist! Didn't do a lot of wheeling, but got to do some trail fix supervision, did some exploring out there, and got to watch my boy ride his dirt bike!

Good times, 99.9% drama free and everyone got home safe, all in all a great weekend!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone (except Sequoia, you're still a jerk!:D) !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a really good trip. Ran a few trails, had a few beers, saw more than a few friends, and introduced my girlfriend to jeeping which went over really well.

Probably one of the better trips I've seen all year.

There were XJ's all over the place, which two OHV areas did you go to?

Bummer that you missed us.

We went to the one off Camp Rock, then the one off Bessimer Mine Rd. I saw a couple XJ's going those ways so I figured what the heck. Well maybe next time. Whats the next event on the calendar? I'll get a better GPS by then.:search:

We went to the one off Camp Rock, then the one off Bessimer Mine Rd. I saw a couple XJ's going those ways so I figured what the heck. Well maybe next time. Whats the next event on the calendar? I'll get a better GPS by then.:search:

Typically you'll find the rock crowd on Means Dry Lake off of Boone Road. ;)

You were maybe 15 miles west of us.

I couldn't even believe it when I looked at the google map when I got home. All we had to do was keep driving.. :looser: O well. I know now for next time. I had never been to JV at all before. this was a first for me...and somehow I knew I would get lost. I kept looking for Boone Rd, but also kept seeing those damn signs saying "Johnson Valley OHV area" Stupid signs..

Lesson learned.. Buy a GPS that works. I'm glad you guys had fun. Sorry I missed it. I'll be looking for the info on the next event. Maybe between then and now I can figure out wtf is wrong with my damn gas tank.

I couldn't even believe it when I looked at the google map when I got home. All we had to do was keep driving.. :looser: O well. I know now for next time. I had never been to JV at all before. this was a first for me...and somehow I knew I would get lost. I kept looking for Boone Rd, but also kept seeing those damn signs saying "Johnson Valley OHV area" Stupid signs..

Lesson learned.. Buy a GPS that works. I'm glad you guys had fun. Sorry I missed it. I'll be looking for the info on the next event. Maybe between then and now I can figure out wtf is wrong with my damn gas tank.

if you would have kept driving you would have ran into another JV sign that says Boone Rd on it. It can be a bit frustrating as i was kinda lost the 1st time i went out.

I think almost everyone gets lost their first time out to JV, unless they're caravanning. I had a search party sent out for me the first time (I took the next road north/west of Boone), before they made the road so "roadlike". Used to be awful trying to follow it. This time was 30mph in a Mitsubishi Mirage with 6" max of ground clearance.

That's why I post up my phone number... I have signal over 75% of the time on the lakebed now that they've put in more towers, and I can send out the rescue brigade.

I got home 5:30 or so Sunday eve, ate, and crashed out. Will post what pix I have tonight, probably.

I'll put on one of the awesome stickers One_Sick_XJ / Tom made & post up a pic of that too... if anyone else wants a sticker, please let me know ASAP so Tom can be done with this batch.

I think everything went well, everyone got along, we had a decent turnout and most of us (sorry, Ted!!) had a great time.

My grateful thanks to Mike Finch (aka Willy51) for being co-leader/navigator/spotter on my run, and to the 3 rigs that ran with us--hopefully all had fun!

Peacefrog, the next "Official" Chapter event is SoCalFest in May in Big Bear, but there will be a wide variety of other runs posted by other folks you can tag along on, which is the best way to get to know folks. Keep an eye out for "M&G" or Meet'n'Greet postings too... They do them somewhat regularly in a few areas of the greater Los Angeles area.

I know I'll be going to Truckhaven, and the Superstitions out by El Centro, and random spots in Ocotillo Wells/Borrego over the next few months.

Had a good time. Nice to see you guys again and some for the first time.

Carol thanks for getting the stickers out to us and Goatman thanks for dinner.

I my Heep just broke a wire to my HID's easy fix. I found out the hard way where the trail for backdoor starts. Note to self a 2wd won't make it far going that way.

Thanks everyone for the good times.

Huge thanks to Richard and G&G Auto for providing the dinner Saturday night. I wish I could have spent the whole weekend out there but I'm lucky I got a free pass for Friday night and Saturday even with having a 3 month old at home.

Thanks to Carol, Cal and any trail leaders. to Letterman and Bryan for a smooth Claw run.

Thanks to Chris "Mud butt" and his family for letting me stay overnight in their trailer.

Thanks to Tom for producing some nice quality stickers!

Overall, this was one of the most enjoyable events in a long time because I was more relaxed and stress free.

Huge thanks to Richard and G&G Auto for providing the dinner Saturday night.

Overall, this was one of the most enjoyable events in a long time because I was more relaxed and stress free.

x1000 on both statements. I had a blast, came back with some scrapes and bruises, and a broken jeep. Exactly how I like to spend my time in the desert :guitar:

Good times!

x1000 on both statements. I had a blast, came back with some scrapes and bruises, and a broken jeep. Exactly how I like to spend my time in the desert :guitar:

Good times!

So you were in a good mood all the way home in my jeep? Dang... i have yet to figure you out :p

Huge thanks to Richard and G&G Auto for providing the dinner Saturday night.

Thanks to Carol, Cal and any trail leaders. to Letterman and Bryan for a smooth Claw run.

Thanks to Tom for producing some nice quality stickers!

I got home 5:30 or so Sunday eve, ate, and crashed out. Will post what pix I have tonight, probably.

I'll put on one of the awesome stickers One_Sick_XJ / Tom made & post up a pic of that too... if anyone else wants a sticker, please let me know ASAP so Tom can be done with this batch.

It was my pleasure to make the stickers for this run! I hope to have the opportunity to make stickers for future runs as well. Definitely a big thanks to The Captain for the sticker design, Richard and G&G for the dinner, as well as the trail leaders and spotters for the runs.

P.S. I can't wait to see the pics that you took of our "easy" run Carol.

I still want a Goatfest sticker!! Awesome design! Should I get it from the store?

Yes, order the Goatfest stickers from the store. I will get weekly updates on new orders for the Goatfest stickers and I will have them made up and ready to send out within a week of when I receive the order. I am not connected with the store at all and I have not been the one making the SoCal NAXJA stickers either, so please either contact Josh (djblade311) or Carol and they can help you out.

i dunno, i ordered a socal naxja sticker from there and still havent received since i ordered it almost a month ago

You can either:

1. send a PM to Carol.92124 with your order number to inquire OR
  2. login to the store, open your order and send a comment/question
  3. PM me your order number and I can follow up with Carol
If you placed an order for Goatfest AND chapter stickers, then Carol wouldnt have shipped them yet because she just got the stickers over the weekend. In that case, you will have to be patient.

Back