• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest in Johnson Valley Nov 13-14

Well.... Tonight didn't go as planned. I was only able to loosen the hitch bolts. Hopefully tomorrow I'll at least be able to install the gas tank skid plate.

If I don't make it, I'M BLAMING CAROL!!!!! :yap:

Yikes... That doesn't sound good.

E

Yeah tell me about it E. I'm tired of pulling the damn transmission

Well.... Tonight didn't go as planned. I was only able to loosen the hitch bolts. Hopefully tomorrow I'll at least be able to install the gas tank skid plate.

be prepared to remove the plastic thats already there. i just installed my gas tank skid and it would not fit at all until i removed the plastic from it. im also assuming your putting in a stock skid cuz thats what i put in lol.

Get a nice sharp matt knife, and start slicing away. That is how I got mine out to install my skid plate.

You guys have fun out there this weekend, maybe I will walk through downtown Beijing and look for a lifted Cherokee, and hope he speaks english!

After we put the kids to sleep, I'm going to install a front and gas tank skid tank. Tomorrow I need to weld up the rear driver wheel well. Then, I should be good to go. It looks like it'll be just Saturday for me.

E

Forget the front skid, pretty useless and it will save you some time. :)

Anthony, that sucks... and it's weird, too.

E & Grimm, I hope you both make it!!

I'm on countdown mode... my Jeep's already out there, my dog keeps nudging my elbow while I'm trying to type, and (knock on wood) it's been a reasonable day in Purchasing land here at my store so things are going well.

I'll be OTD at noon, buzzing along towards the mythic land of rocks & dirt in my Mitsubishi Mirage. I'll try not to get Hi-C'd in it on a rut in the lakebed...

Anthony, that sucks... and it's weird. ...

Carol, I know it's weird... I put soo much time and money into it. I'm not giving up. I scored another bell housing(thanks Gerr) and will be putting it in tonight in lucerne valley. If anyone wants to lend me a hand that'll be greatly appreciated. I plan to not sleep and arrive tomorrow at 8am on that damn lake bed!

Carol, I know it's weird... I put soo much time and money into it. I'm not giving up. I scored another bell housing(thanks Gerr) and will be putting it in tonight in lucerne valley. If anyone wants to lend me a hand that'll be greatly appreciated. I plan to not sleep and arrive tomorrow at 8am on that damn lake bed!

Make sure that stupid input shaft or the crank isn't bent!

Well, it looks like I'm out. I can't get the damm bolts holes to line up with the hitch.

I'm going to have to drop the skid plate ane redrill the holes..... Errrrrrrrrrrr

E

Well, it looks like I'm out. I can't get the damm bolts holes to line up with the hitch.

I'm going to have to drop the skid plate ane redrill the holes..... Errrrrrrrrrrr

E
Just come out without the skid! :D

25* over here in lucerne... I just stopped working on the jeep because of the damn cold...

kinda random question but Ive been to JV many times but I dont think ive ever been on the trails you guys go on... is it possible to do the trails on a dirtbike?

kinda random question but Ive been to JV many times but I dont think ive ever been on the trails you guys go on... is it possible to do the trails on a dirtbike?

Not really. Maybe a trials bike.

I broke my bell housing going back to lucerne. Wo0t it's my 3rd one in a week and a half...

Back