• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest 2012! time to start planning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fred, does the computer have all that data? when i called about towing my zj, they looked it up for me. in that case, could you check to see if it would tow it?
1990 chevy g20, 91 xj

edit: looking at this, trailer is 2100, heep is 4000 according to the dump scale. it falls within the 80% rule on the site (closed to 90-95% with the van loaded)

Last edited:
Fred, does the computer have all that data? when i called about towing my zj, they looked it up for me. in that case, could you check to see if it would tow it?
1990 chevy g20, 91 xj

edit: looking at this, trailer is 2100, heep is 4000 according to the dump scale. it falls within the 80% rule on the site (closed to 90-95% with the van loaded)

Yes dan its called a Hook up book, to make sure its safe and if not whats the requirements. AT trailers range from 6k to 7.5k. Im out of the office but the online site should be able to see if its valid or not. Trip on this a guy came in and said he wanted a hitch for his smart car lol... he was right we had one and installed it but of course he was maxed out with the 4.7 open trailer but it was a new one on me lol I might be able to use the ipad on the road to check it for you.

everyone is trying to make it sound like this whole event is one big party, its getting out of hand. that is not at all what goatfest is for the majority of the people who come. aside from a good time around the campffire saturday night, it's usually pretty mellow.

Just trying to keep people who have never been out there for this event from being scared off by the partying aspect.

I just hoping to catch a ride! The MJ will not be done and the WJ is way too low for anything that resembles fun.

everyone is trying to make it sound like this whole event is one big party, its getting out of hand. that is not at all what goatfest is for the majority of the people who come. aside from a good time around the campffire saturday night, it's usually pretty mellow.

Just trying to keep people who have never been out there for this event from being scared off by the partying aspect.

Thanks for saying this.

It is a good time but this thread sort of makes it sound like it is chaos.

There are two camps....VERY far apart from one another. One of the camps is the main camp where most stay. Then there is the 'other' camp where the scene can be a tad more wild.

This event is for all, families are welcome and it is kid friendly. The desert can be cold(er) at night and on rare occasion water can freeze and even once it snowed. Pack accordingly.

Yeah, uhaul can be pricks about renting trailers to underrated vehicles. I had to steal a suburban once just so I could rent a dolly, then dump the 3/4ton suburban and hitch it to my smaller truck....all to tow back a shell of a vehicle, no motor or trans. Lame.

I know, I know....safety blah blah blah....but safety clearly doesn't belong in this thread.
I was told that my 73 F250 couldn't haul an 89 F150, dolly or trailer.

The idea of the trailer outweighing the rig is bullhonky. An F150 can be equipped to tow up to 10k pounds. They weigh 5-6k. 1 ton trucks can tow up to 16-18k while weighing 7k. I think it's an overly cautious CYA situation, not based in reality.

I plan to be there. Just gotta figure out what I'll be driving. Might be in the "new" 150.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back