• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ghost Ride... Mountain city, TN 2/27/10

I plan on being there, If my rig is not ready I'll be riding shotgun with Hadfield in his exo 90 XJ. If his rig is still down I might just ride down in the Commander and catch a shotgun seat with someone.

After running all the miles I would love to see some of the VA guys show up. Maybe we can get some intrest and make this a chapter 2 day event in the future? I know its a bit of a hike for a day or so of wheeling but it is very centrally located for our chapter. I am only about 4 hours away and it is well worth the money and time spent I think. Between the Waterfall, Amour All, and Pull cable you get your monies worth. :yelclap:

Mtn City is less than 3 hrs drive for me and that is towing. Thats a normal day trip for me so i don't mind the drive. We drive further than that for many trail rides in VA.

Mtn City is less than 3 hrs drive for me and that is towing. Thats a normal day trip for me so i don't mind the drive. We drive further than that for many trail rides in VA.

Sweet! Talk it up to the VA guys! I need to PM Jeff.

I plan on being there, If my rig is not ready I'll be riding shotgun with Hadfield in his exo 90 XJ. If his rig is still down I might just ride down in the Commander and catch a shotgun seat with someone.

As far as I'm concerned you're out of excuses. You have the tow rig, the trailer and the xj. BTW it's not an exo, but a hybrid.

Here is a MTN city teaser.

This is last fall. (before current mods) First part is Armor All. Second is Pull cable.

I feel so dirty now.

Last edited:
Church Hill, TN to Mountain City, TN
80.9 mi – about 1 hour 39 mins

I-81 N
80.9 mi1 hour 39 mins

I-26 E and US-321 N
74.9 mi1 hour 43 mins

I-81 N and TN-34 N/US-421 S
71.8 mi1 hour 42 mins

Hey I'm in a stock 88 and am planing on going if at all possible. I'm in Mt. Carmel, got a pic of your Jeep, I'll post on up of mine later. As for the trails, there are bypasses to get around the obstacles.

would love to, but there is a lack of "fun" funds here :(
and im in a stock xj, how far ya'll think i'd get on any of those trails? lol

would love to, but there is a lack of "fun" funds here :(
and im in a stock xj, how far ya'll think i'd get on any of those trails? lol

There is only one trail that you would have a hard time on, Welder.

Glenn are you planning on staying and wheeling sunday too?

Depends on if the boys are there with me or not. I will most likely wheel a long day Saturday and head back Sunday BC I'll have to get kids ready for school the next day.

As far as I'm concerned you're out of excuses. You have the tow rig, the trailer and the xj. BTW it's not an exo, but a hybrid.

Here is a MTN city teaser.

This is last fall. (before current mods) First part is Armor All. Second is Pull cable.

I feel so dirty now.

Holy Crap! Did he!! freeze over while I was in Gatlinburg? Hadfield posted on NAXJA:eyes:

And by the way, I have a whole book of excuses, I jot them down when the kids come up with a new one:roflmao:

I'd really like to go but can't make Feb. Do you plan on going back any other time this year? Kevin

Damn! I'd like to meet/wheel with you too. I will be hitting URE fairly regular I hope this next season. Harlan for the Crawl. Callantee will be as time/family/money permits. I wold like to do a 2 day ride there some time this summer but it will all depend on funds and work and kids with school!

There is only one trail that you would have a hard time on, Welder.

May want to revise that... Welder has by passes that a stock XJ can make.. Top to Bottom it would still be really fun and challenging mostly stock...

The Step would require getting pulled up it.. The Rut most likely as well... Armorall, Pull Cable would be impossible... Little Tellico/Big Tellico is getting pretty difficult as well...

Glenn, unless I'm in Colorado I'll be there...

May want to revise that... Welder has by passes that a stock XJ can make.. Top to Bottom it would still be really fun and challenging mostly stock...

The Step would require getting pulled up it.. The Rut most likely as well... Armorall, Pull Cable would be impossible... Little Tellico/Big Tellico is getting pretty difficult as well...

Glenn, unless I'm in Colorado I'll be there...

Well, I did say a hard time, not impossible :). At the end of February I'm assuming there will be snow on the ground or at least well saturated. I wheeled it at a similar time with 31" ATs and open diffs. I had to take a strap once on Welder, and really had to use the skinny pedal on about half the trail. It's not impassable with a stocker, but you could very well see some rocker damage.

Ok, so here's the deal... the money situation is looking better. :) So, as long as things keep going well, I am down for this ride after all. It looks like a lot of fun, and I don't wanna miss out lol. I drove the Willys around for a bit yesterday, and everything still seems up to par, except for the front axle and the leaky t-case oil pan. Neither of those will cost any money to repair as I already have the parts, so with a day of work it should be good to go again.

Ok, so here's the deal... the money situation is looking better. :) So, as long as things keep going well, I am down for this ride after all. It looks like a lot of fun, and I don't wanna miss out lol. I drove the Willys around for a bit yesterday, and everything still seems up to par, except for the front axle and the leaky t-case oil pan. Neither of those will cost any money to repair as I already have the parts, so with a day of work it should be good to go again.

Swet! What about Tim?

Back