• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ghost Ride... Mountain city, TN 2/27/10

My neighbor takes his XJ there all the time and loves the place. He has been trying to get me to make the trip for a couple of years but our schedules never match up. I'll see if I can find a pic of hid rig, maybe some of you will recognize him. He use to be on here and go by Hadefield4wd.

My neighbor takes his XJ there all the time and loves the place. He has been trying to get me to make the trip for a couple of years but our schedules never match up. I'll see if I can find a pic of hid rig, maybe some of you will recognize him. He use to be on here and go by Hadefield4wd.

i talked to matt over on another board he said he might try and make it.... has he finished his cage yet?

This looks like something Team Struggle needs to get into.:clap: Chances are good that the funds will not be available for XJ v2.0 before spring, so I might as well wheel it till then.

If you go, I'll be following you up for sure! Lets do this!!! :cheers:

If you go, I'll be following you up for sure! Lets do this!!! :cheers:

he's crashing up here friday night and i think were leaving early early sat morning and staying sat night to wheel some the next day.

so lets start a running tally of whos gonna be there... only quote and add your name if your sure you are goin.

1.Ghost
2. Shortxjdoug
3. Team Struggler
4 Team willys.

I'll plan on it and know the way around pretty well..

Glenn, Dusty still has the YJ... V-8 now, TH400, full hydro,and the only thing underneath the body are the axles and tcase ... (so no issues like last time on Pull Cable)...

LOL! Sweet! He coming too?

Awesome, So Tim and myself will be crashing with you. Got some maintenance to do on the Willys!!!

Hey yall

For my US history class this year, we have to do a huge project. Im making a movie about the history of jeeps, and i wanted to get some clips of some jeeps being used today rather than in wars like they used to be. Would you guys mind if i showed up and just tagged along, filmed a few lines and maybe i could interview some of you? I only have a 2wd xj for now until i sell it so i cant really wheel with ya, but it would be a privelege if i could tag along. :cheers:

Hey yall

For my US history class this year, we have to do a huge project. Im making a movie about the history of jeeps, and i wanted to get some clips of some jeeps being used today rather than in wars like they used to be. Would you guys mind if i showed up and just tagged along, filmed a few lines and maybe i could interview some of you? I only have a 2wd xj for now until i sell it so i cant really wheel with ya, but it would be a privelege if i could tag along. :cheers:
You have a seat with me if I can make it, I owe karma a couple rides.

Last edited:
You have a seat with me if I can make it, I owe karma a very rides.
Dude if you dont show up you better have a really good excuse or assistant wheel man title is gone! :conceited

Bump! We want to keep this on everyones minds.

Weekly BUMP!

Well, neither Tim or myself are gonna be able to make it, unless something drastic changes. I am keeping my fingers crossed, but as of right now I don't have the money to make it.

Church Hill, TN to Mountain City, TN
80.9 mi – about 1 hour 39 mins

I-81 N
80.9 mi1 hour 39 mins

I-26 E and US-321 N
74.9 mi1 hour 43 mins

I-81 N and TN-34 N/US-421 S
71.8 mi1 hour 42 mins

would love to, but there is a lack of "fun" funds here :(
and im in a stock xj, how far ya'll think i'd get on any of those trails? lol

Church Hill, TN to Mountain City, TN
80.9 mi – about 1 hour 39 mins

I-81 N
80.9 mi1 hour 39 mins

I-26 E and US-321 N
74.9 mi1 hour 43 mins

I-81 N and TN-34 N/US-421 S
71.8 mi1 hour 42 mins

would love to, but there is a lack of "fun" funds here :(
and im in a stock xj, how far ya'll think i'd get on any of those trails? lol

Quite far actually. All the trails I ran a couple years ago had bypasses to all the hard stuff and you could get to all the obsticles. You are talking about a tank of gas and some funds for admition. $30 - $40 tops!

I plan on being there, If my rig is not ready I'll be riding shotgun with Hadfield in his exo 90 XJ. If his rig is still down I might just ride down in the Commander and catch a shotgun seat with someone.

Back