• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

getting new hub ass. vs. getting new wheel bearings

Ramsey said:
75 is insanely cheap, about half of what they cost around here.
x2.
I've got one starting to go, and the cheapo BCA bearings are $110, timkens $144

I've gone through 4 timkens, only bought 2 and used the warranty on the others. Pretty sure next time around i'll have to buy some more which i hate doing. 300$ more into this turd is not what I want to do.

xjohnnyc said:
I recently got my Timkens from the same parts connection as Cal. They've gone up a bit...$86.
that's still a good deal, you should see if they'll hook you up on group buys and help the NAXJA community. a lot of people would gladly pay a lil over $100 for those.

I need to find a source on 30 spline timkens at that price. :)

We buy those bearings from a local parts store who's manager is a member of SoCalXJ. I'm pretty sure he'll happily provide them to any naxja member, but they don't do mail order.

im thinking im goin to get a set off ebay, new,and not to expensive!

Don't do it. I got my last set from ebay and they were crap. C'mon, you're in Temecula. Make the short drive to Orange and get the Timkens.

Rev Den said:
You cannot disassemble the unit bearing, it must be replaced.

Rev

I did on my 88 4x4, all came apart just fine.

HilltopXJ said:
I did on my 88 4x4, all came apart just fine.

c that what i thought u can do.... open it and take out the old bearings and seals and replace with new....

Back