• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gear ratios

True if you had a full time T-case like 249 or 247 which have the viscous coupler or clutch pack they would always be slightly engaged and would wear out.

The 242 has an open differential like open spiders in a rear end so there in is nothing to wear out in full it mode.
I actually modified a 242 shifter so I could have full time 4x4 low range didn't really use it much.

Do you know if anyone has developed a true 242 SYE yet or is still hack and tap? I'm a fan of the 242.

Any T-case in 2wd obviously would not do anything to the drive train until you put it in 4x4.

Now do I have you thinking?
~Justin

tom woods has one.
http://www.4xshaft.com/

they shorten and re-spline a stock mainshaft, so its like a hack-n-tap, but different :shhh:

it's a hack n tap only they do all the work for you

not quite, they actually re-spline the shaft, so the yoke is closer to the tailhousing (stronger) and the splines are a better fit (less chance of vibration)

Don't do even try, it is going to blow up.

Ever try the search button? It's been asked plenty of times before.
Ever heard of Google? It knows everything.

You could have found the answer on your own.

Costomcreationsllc, I agree with Cottontail, you are a jackass. The OP just had a simple question, no need to make him feel stupid.

Back