• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GDI Radiator

Well Eagle, I got my GDI 3-Row Open from 800-Rad, and I didn't have any problems on install, no leaking, everything looked good. Maybe I got a rejected reject (I figure if a reject is rejected by a bunch of rejects it much be okay, right? :))

actually you said you got your Valeo from 1800 radiator...you never mentioned 1 800 radiator before you mentioned the purchase from 180radiator

GDI is the thee most Crappy built Radiator I have seen on the face of the planet. Ya it cools good but the thing has no quality in its built. GDI is based in Mexico not even here in USA. I ordered my GDI 3 row installed it, then found it was gunked (clogged) with rusty crap. After spending another day taking it off and getting another one. This time the outside of the radiator was rusted... all they did was just paint over a rusty radiator. ( you can scratch the paint off and look at the rust) even the top studs where the bracket goes were rusted then painted over. I wound up snapping both mounting studs on top trying to get the bolts on. the rusted ate the thread off the rust. and the paint over the threads didnt help much either. I opted to go with Valeo radiators from 1800-radiator.

see no mention of 1800 radiator until after valeo...thats why I asked the question....maybe you should read your own stuff before you blow up....

xjnation said:
actually you said you got your Valeo from 1800 radiator...you never mentioned 1 800 radiator before you mentioned the purchase from 180radiator

see no mention of 1800 radiator until after valeo...thats why I asked the question....maybe you should read your own stuff before you blow up....

oh sorry I think i jumped the gun. I feel :dunce: ... And i do apoligize.

Some clairifiction

Can brass rust? I have a GDI and I also had problems with the top studs. I would recommend a wire brush or a die to clean up the threads. I think mine was $99. with next day.

Curt (Xtreme XJ) [/B][/QUOTE]

I may have got a reject, but make no mistakes about it I'm happy
I just agreed that the top studs needed to be cleaned up first.
So. Cal. 120*+ summers, long summer desert roadtrips 190* to
215*.
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

GDI is based in Mexico not even here in USA

Actually there are 15 manufacturing facilities for GODAN industries...only one in Mexico....GODAN is owned by TRANSPRO industries whos main headquarters is back east
address.gif

GODAN, Yep thats who i got my 3 row from....I live in the Antelope Valley (SoCal) Home of 120+ Summers and it seems to do the job very well. Ive sat on trails waiting with my motor running chillin at 190* in 110* weather.... Guess i got lucky.

Robert

Got rid of mine-

Oh this GDI radiator thing again. Eagle will rem all the 'heated' discussion about cooling capacities a while back. Well, i replaced the single core aluminum stocker in my '98 with a GDI three core copper/brass unit last year. Was not really meant for the later ones since it did not include top bracketry to locate the A/C condensor...had to make them. I paid around $100 which included shipping!! I also wonder about that price...seems too cheap. Well, had this small puddle when parked in the garage ever so often which had me wondering if it really is a case of you-get-what-you-pay-for syndrome. Seeing as how i will be trusting this vehicle to get me across the country soon i decided to do the OEM twin core aluminum unit recently. Is for sure a top-quality piece and this vehicle has never run so cooly. I see the temp bounce against the thermostat all the time, even after really warmed up. The elec fan has yet to cut on, even when sitting in traffic on a hot day. Was for sure way more expensive but i am totally convinced there will be no over heating issues now reguardless of ambient temps.

Back