• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas mileage question for guys with Ford injectors

19# I think? They are the yellow top ones. Now you have me wondering. I hope they are the 19 # cuz that what I wanted.
Are they yellow or orange? Mine are more orange than yellow. You may have 24lb injectors. That shouldn't really have that much of an effect though because the computer should decrease the pulse width to lean out the mixture. If you have 32lb injectors the computer might not be able to compensate.

The nut on the O2 is a standard size for all or at least most O2 sensors. They make O2 sensor sockets that have a slit in them for the wire and they are pretty cheap so I'd recomend just picking one up, it makes the job much easier. I guess thats assuming it is in a place convenient to get a ratchet on, I have not changed mine on my Jeep yet. I picked one up years ago and I think they are ussually $10 or so at the parts store. It is $10 well spent as it really helps make the job easier.

02 sensors, every one of them that I've come across, are 22 millimeter or 7/8". 02 sensor sockets are great, as they can be a real pain in the ass to crack loose and frequently will round off if you use an open end wrench on them before it is freed up.

Lookie here: http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/tech_specs.html

You want your new injectors to be very close in flow (at the same pressure) as your old ones. I don't know which ones you have, but if you look at that link, you'll be able to identify your junk.
Also - you do not have a carburator. You have multi port fuel injection.

I installed some 4 hole injectors in mine, and they were leaking through.

Ran worse than stock, and it got way better when I got a newer set.

I could tell instantly that one had a leak (I think it was #3), because when I pulled the fuel rail and injectors, I set all of the injectors on a paper towel. The one that was bad was obviously leaking, because there was instantly fuel leaking out on the towel.

Check those injectors.

Back