• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full bodied MJ on 42.5 boggers

you're going to want to tack weld your jam nuts on your lca joints at a bare minimum. That line's location makes me nervous, especially when looking at the condition of my lca's.

you're going to want to tack weld your jam nuts on your lca joints at a bare minimum. That line's location makes me nervous, especially when looking at the condition of my lca's.

The axle end of my control arm is a fixed poly bushing/sleeve and wont rotate. If it proves to be a problem then it would be very easy to move the line. though Im not sure where...

The axle end of my control arm is a fixed poly bushing/sleeve and wont rotate. If it proves to be a problem then it would be very easy to move the line. though Im not sure where...

gotcha. that solves one problem at least. Nice looking build regardless.

Seems like whenever I have time, I don't have money. Yet whenever I have money, I don't have time... I got a couple things done today though.

BEHOLD.... The Orb of Traction.

So I am having trouble with my trans cross member. I only made this one so I could get it out of the shop. I was planning on a flat belly skid plate, but the trans mount hangs down way to far... Does any body know of a short chevy trans mount? I cant raise it anymore because the bell housing will contact the firewall. Maybe shorter engine mounts? If I dropped the engine 1 inch then I could raise the trans another inch... Thoughts?

And yes, the front driveshaft angle is steep. 40 degrees at full droop. Angle is great at ride height but the 17 inch travel Bilsteins really droop. I am putting together a hi angle shaft with a custom 208 flange. Angle at pinion is fine though.

So I am having trouble with my trans cross member. I only made this one so I could get it out of the shop. I was planning on a flat belly skid plate, but the trans mount hangs down way to far... Does any body know of a short chevy trans mount? I cant raise it anymore because the bell housing will contact the firewall. Maybe shorter engine mounts? If I dropped the engine 1 inch then I could raise the trans another inch... Thoughts?

And yes, the front driveshaft angle is steep. 40 degrees at full droop. Angle is great at ride height but the 17 inch travel Bilsteins really droop. I am putting together a hi angle shaft with a custom 208 flange. Angle at pinion is fine though.

some chevy 465 to 205 adapters came with the mount for the tranny mount maybe 4" taller than the one you have there. Im not sure which ones exactly. All I know Is I have an old style 465 to figure 8 mount which is the low style and a newer 465 to round 6 bolt 205 which is the high style.

Another idea would be to make a mount using a sleeved rubber bushing (id probably run it perpendicular to the vehicle itself) It can be made higher clearance, can bounce off of rocks, and no bolt heads or studs hanging low.

Could probably also set it back or forward a little bit and run it as high as the bottom of the adapter itself.

I have the 6 bolt round/ tall mount. Future plans involve a 205 and probably a Strongbox doubler. If that comes together I may hack the cast mount off and support it from the 205... I like the sleeve and bushing idea. Not sure how I would attach them to the cross member. I will have to order a pair and play around with them for now.

Moving your isolation to each end of the mount should allow you more flexibility in how your attach your tranny/tcase directly to the mount. This would solve the clearance issue and allow you to install a flat belly skid.

Ideas:

BKT1051-300x300.jpg

DSCF2005.jpg

universal_transmission_mount_kit_1.jpg

http://www.tmrcustoms.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=211_214&products_id=1630

Seems like whenever I have time, I don't have money. Yet whenever I have money, I don't have time... I got a couple things done today though.

BEHOLD.... The Orb of Traction.

That reminds me of a time that a guy I know welded up some spiders very similar to that and then couldn't figure out how to get it in the carrier. So, he cut the carrier in half, installed the spiders (Welded together) and then welded the carrier back together, set the gears up.

Needless to say, it didn't last very long.

Fortunately 14-bolts are so huge they come with a bolted together two piece carrier :gee:

How many tenths of an inch of runout did he have on the ring gear flange? Holy hell what a retarded idea.

That reminds me of a time that a guy I know welded up some spiders very similar to that and then couldn't figure out how to get it in the carrier. So, he cut the carrier in half, installed the spiders (Welded together) and then welded the carrier back together, set the gears up.

Needless to say, it didn't last very long.

Wow.... I don't even have words for that... Wow.....

gunna shave it?

Not at this point. Its been down so long that I am only doing the important stuff first. I miss driving it. I cut the lip off and smoothed it already. If its an issue later Ill deal with it. With 42.5s it should be fine.

Finally got a 6 bolt np205 so I can get my doubler figured out and build some driveshafts.

Back