• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front D30 bent upper control arm mount

kst8engineer

NAXJA Forum User
The passenger-side upper control arm mount on my D30 is bent (beyond straightening). I'm looking for a cost-effective repair. I've looked at TNT's truss kit, but it's $159. Is there a cheaper option that would allow me to just replace the one mount that's bent?

Thanks

Just build a new "boxed" tower using a JKS bushing collar.Should cost about 50$(less welding).
ce9102k.jpg

Last edited:
RCP Phx said:
Just build a new "boxed" tower using a JKS bushing collar.Should cost about 50$(less welding).
ce9102k.jpg

Would the JKS bushing collar work with my stock upper control arms? Does anyone happen to know what the correct height of the bushing is from the axle centerline? I presume it is supposed to be vertically aligned with the axle tube -- is that correct, or is it tilted at all?

Thanks

TTT

Does anyone know what the correct height of the bushing is from the axle centerline? Since my bracket is bent, I can't measure it to find out what the height is supposed to be.

I presume it is supposed to be vertically aligned with the axle tube -- is that correct, or is it tilted at all?

Thanks

kst8engineer said:
The passenger-side upper control arm mount on my D30 is bent (beyond straightening). I'm looking for a cost-effective repair. I've looked at TNT's truss kit, but it's $159. Is there a cheaper option that would allow me to just replace the one mount that's bent?

Thanks

this would probably work or be easily adaptable.
http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/Link-Tower_p_34-1398.html

Rubicon express makes one, they don't show it sold seperately, but you mich call them and see if they will sell it seperately.
You need the bracket, the steel sleeve and the rubber bushing.
RM20772 ~ UPER CNTL ARM MT RT
RM10190 ~ SMALL S/R STEEL SLEEVE 10MM ID
RM42050 ~ SMALL RUBBER S/R BUSHING

Last edited:
Back