• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front bumpstop alignment issues

passxj,

I have a similar setup, and am trying to figure out what to do. I think you solved my problem.

I have a few questions after looking at your pics.
1. How did you modify the upper coil buckets? Weld a plate over the bottom?
2. Any trouble with the large hole in the center of the cushions?
3. On compression you said you got the right amount of compression for 35's. Could you clear anything larger? Like a 36"
4. Have you change to the RK springs yet? If so how do they fit them?
5. How are they holding up?

Looks like a good idea to me, thanks for your post.

1. I cut off the bumpstop cup right below the washer that's in there. Ther is no plate welded over the bottom. There might be someday. I didn't want anything to get hung up on the coils.

2. I haven't had any trouble with the center hole. I'm thinking about putting something inside..read below.

3. With Bushwackers mine compresses a little too far in a real tight spot. I think I'm going to put a hard stop inside the inserts...a dowel or something. My steering got all jammed up once because the tire was soo far into the fender well.

4. Have not changed springs. Mine are working for now and I have a lot of other things to buy.

5. They are holding up great so far with 3 wheeling trips.(short ones) At $75 to replace, anythings better than the way it was.

one interesting side note...Mine are only about an inch from the bump tower. As soon as I compress they are slowing down compression. They smooth everything out because under forced compression they are much stiffer than my soft coils. I don't bottom out the front hard anymore.

Back