• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fresh Meat

larsen

NAXJA Forum User
Found this one dirt-cheap on craigslist 150k-mi, 5.2, has everything except leather, needs a radio antenna, a long-arm kit, and some 33s. Drove it home smiling. Stay tuned ...
2012-07-03144927.jpg

gratuitous encore woods shot
TempImage1343092499704.jpg

... and a light spritzing of mud! yeah
TempImage1343092526537.jpg

Last edited:
bill of lading read 844-lbs ... no problem getting on the freeway.
TempImage1343093045672.jpg

TempImage1343093029668.jpg

V8 ZJ is pretty sweet .. you know, for a stocker lol

keep that trans from overheating. its the most worthless trans Jeep ever put in a vehicle. so many issues
There's a new filter and a case of atf4+ on-hand ... I'll poke around for a cooler to install with it. Especially since there's a new Derale fan & 175-degree switch sitting here. Thanks!

keep that trans from overheating. its the most worthless trans Jeep ever put in a vehicle. so many issues

Looks like a 93-95 zj with a 5.2/46rh combo. Just as reliable as a 4.0/42re. It's stronger then a 5.2/44re setup that the 96-98s had. Along with the 5.9/46re combo, they are all strong transmissions if maintained.

I agree, a good cooler with gauge and even an aftermarket trans pan really help.

I'm not gonna lie. I'm on my second one and I've helped swap half a dozen others. All over 200k tho

Changed the transmission fluid & filter, adjusted the tv-cable, serviced the crankcase, and got on the next flight to Alaska. Game is on when this hitch is over.

Who makes the best ZJ lift? Ironrock 5.5" long-arm kit ... ? any feedback?

My plans were Clayton's rear (triangulated uppers mean no more rear trac bar!!)
And front IRO radius 3link. (cheap yet proven)
With bilstiens

is your sweet V8 XJ still on the road?
Oh man, thanks for the compliment. Alas, no longer on or off the road, she :flame: burned :flame: to the ground on the 1st of July.
I guess I'm finally over the grief, so here's the pic.
2012-07-02093200.jpg

... don't get much uglier than that. Fortunately I was able to keep enough water on the garage to keep from losing that too.

Last edited:
Back