• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fox 2.0s, a few questions..

T&J, or custom.... thats about the only options.

As far as the misalignment, vs machined HI-MISalignment spacers... i doubt your front suspension travels far enough to really need the extra machined spacers. Every pair of high end offroad shocks that ive seen, havent had that extra machined curve, just a single step.

The downside to the upper mount youve got, is it still uses a bushing... you dont need that bushing anymore and all it does is add slop. That upper mount needs to be mounted rigidly to the body, let the uniball do the work. Also, is there any evidence of the end of the bolt hitting sheetmetal under deflection?

Also, it looks like youve had to pinch the bracket closed a little bit (the over tigthening you mentioned). Shocks come in differant mounting widths, its possible that the brackets are designed for stock BUSHING equiped shocks (which are wider). I wouldve added a washer, but if its now pinched TIGHT, and they fit fine, whatever then...

But if theyre still too narrow, and you can grab the shock body and slide it back and forth 1/16 or 1/8th along that bolt... well thats a rattle for ya....

T&J, or custom.... thats about the only options.

As far as the misalignment, vs machined HI-MISalignment spacers... i doubt your front suspension travels far enough to really need the extra machined spacers. Every pair of high end offroad shocks that ive seen, havent had that extra machined curve, just a single step.

The downside to the upper mount youve got, is it still uses a bushing... you dont need that bushing anymore and all it does is add slop. That upper mount needs to be mounted rigidly to the body, let the uniball do the work. Also, is there any evidence of the end of the bolt hitting sheetmetal under deflection?

I actually added the bushings, I can remove those no problem. No wear marks of the bolt hitting.

Also, it looks like youve had to pinch the bracket closed a little bit (the over tigthening you mentioned). Shocks come in differant mounting widths, its possible that the brackets are designed for stock BUSHING equiped shocks (which are wider). I wouldve added a washer, but if its now pinched TIGHT, and they fit fine, whatever then...

But if theyre still too narrow, and you can grab the shock body and slide it back and forth 1/16 or 1/8th along that bolt... well thats a rattle for ya....

Yeah thats definitely the rattle...It did pinch in from the over tightening, and I believe I can straighten it back out. It all has to be pulled back apart next weekend for the 3 link, so hopefully Ill get that part straight then. Thanks for the advice, gonna get started looking at that upper mount kit.

Bushings removed and added a single washer to take up the difference in the brackets. Still working on a suitable bumpstop set up for the front, and gonna do the T&J front shock brackets in the future for more up travel. A few pics on the RTI after the RK 3 link was installed, showing the current flex.

E1944BA5-F8E8-4D92-B0FB-598633A59CCD-28671-00001C6C894DF0CE.jpg

562A2BA2-3420-4BE1-B998-DC0B79CA4CDC-28671-00001C6C9A9E4A85.jpg

C1823E7A-D71F-4F77-86CE-AA20ED985F4B-28671-00001C6C92595463.jpg

562A2BA2-3420-4BE1-B998-DC0B79CA4CDC-28671-00001C6C9A9E4A85.jpg

It is finally getting there.

Back