• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fowled spark plugs

I'll check the ground when I get home, didn't notice the temp gauge,
I'll head to pull a part later in week and get the full exhaust and o2 sensor, hopefully previous owner didn't cut the wires, where would the o2 sensor be...

In summary...
Check engine ground
Install o2 sensor with cat
Possibly new MAP
Move throttle body vacume line

Anything else, that would help fix or diagnose this truck running too rich?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Couple pictures, a couple questions...please be nice as I am not a mechanic I'm just trying to fix the heep of jeep lol...thanks!!!

What is tbis???
3d351e7ac3a3b367751433b482e7e5e8.jpg

Picture #1

O2 sensor, but what are the other two plugs for???
52602fbd424ff109e0420e1a20267d00.jpg

Picture #2

What looks to be a choke cable, head is broken and not hooked up, where exactly does it go....can someone attach a picture of one???
2f172e6eb282c5f2de0e6474b40477bc.jpg

Picture #3

What looks to be the evap canister...where does other side go to???
bba57c3b7915d1ebb868b7299a5d15b0.jpg

Picture #4

Last edited:
Incase anyone was wondering what she looks like now, after some work...bought everything for her while deployed to Kuwait, if I was home I would have gotten her running first before buying things.

Front view
674cd6896d958de8500378eedf8c425b.jpg

Back view
52cf26af2ce22dd180d7fef76cd74ac4.jpg

Picture #1:
I don't know, it looks like an add-on.

Picture #2:
Oxygen sensor.
Knock Sensor.
Coolant Temp Sensor for the ECU. The sender on top of the head goes to the gauge cluster.

Picture #3:
That cable goes to the cruise control.

Picture #4:
I'll have to go look in the daylight.

You definitely have your work cut out! I remember another picture with no fan shroud, and no electric fan. you'll want those when the weather gets warm.

Picture #4 is the vent to atmosphere line on the carbon canister

Picture #3, I see a major vacuum line off the intake manifold that is going nowhere. It is right in front of the brass color head of the MAT/IAT sensor.

No idea what #1 is, never seen one, must be a an add on ????

Hypoid is right on #2 and #3.

So if I understand right the vent to atmopher line doesn't have a hose going to it

The vapor line from the tank goes to the port in the middle. The other goes to the hard line, that goes across the engine bay to the intake hose at the air cleaner.

So if I understand right the vent to atmopher line doesn't have a hose going to it

My mistake the third opening on the left side must be the vent to atmosphere, and the one on the right is missing a hose, probably the hose I just mention on the intake near the MAT sensor that is sticking up in the air going nowhere. But it sounds hypoid says it attaches forward of that closer to the air cleaner vacuum hose nest of hoses?

Need more pictures.

The one off the intake goes to the vacuum reservoir, if there is one. :)

There "should" be a vacuum diagram on the VECCI label. It will show the emission related hoses.

I'll try to get some images posted tonight.

I use to be able to find the drawing in seconds, must be getting old timers disease, I found these, they are not complete but are a start. They are missing the line to the HVAC, one way check valve, Vacuum reservoir bottle in the front bumper passenger side, for starters.

OK,I give up the post did not work, nothing but garbage posted instead of the images, I will fiddle with it later.

The one off the intake goes to the vacuum reservoir, if there is one. :)

There "should" be a vacuum diagram on the VECCI label. It will show the emission related hoses.

I'll try to get some images posted tonight.

Last edited:
Did a spark test, she's not making spark, assuming it's the CPS as per some of the forums I've read....

cd6184345f6b54f31de6068b4e6bfefa.jpg
picture 1

76c4f3b40cabacc70af63b08ac3b0eed.jpg
picture 2

84ad764b53a0b48ca58096c69ce570a1.jpg
picture 3

Here are more pictures as requested...
Going to pull a part and getting an O2 sensor, MAP, CPS and vacume lines...
Anything else I should pick up to get her running

Grab an ICM and HV Coil assy, Ignition Control Module is the bottom of the HV spark coil assy.

Is your Cap and Rotor new? I forget.

Before you swap the CPS. Test the CPS cranking voltage using the AC volts lowest setting. Needs to be at least 0.50 volts AC cranking to ensure the ECU can read it and activate the ICM-HV coil assy.

If it is under 0.50 Volts, but above say 0.20 volts you need to drill the CPS mounting holes out one drill bit size larger and reinstall pushing the CPS closer to the Flex Plate to get a higher voltage signal.

It is Renix CPS thing.....

Just got back from pull a part, unfortunately they didn't have and ICM but I did get a CPS, O2 sensor and MAP... now I just have to I'm install and see if she runs

Just got back from pull a part, unfortunately they didn't have and ICM but I did get a CPS, O2 sensor and MAP... now I just have to I'm install and see if she runs

No guarantee they are good, and as I said, you should test the CPS cranking AC voltage before you change any parts!!!! And the cranking Fuel pressure!!!!

If you replace a good part with a bad part and a bad part with a good part at the same time, you will just waste time and your patience!!!!

Anyone got any suggestions why, when I start the truck and put it in 1st, then get going, it goes ok...then spits and shippers, loses power, the all of a sudden it comes back and revs up?

Any clue

Need more input!!!

https://youtu.be/Pj-qBUWOYfE

Where is that voltage meter test data input?

CPS, MAP, O2 Sensor, TPS per the manual.

71XjDK39b-L._SL1500_.jpg
Anyone got any suggestions why, when I start the truck and put it in 1st, then get going, it goes ok...then spits and shippers, loses power, the all of a sudden it comes back and revs up?

Any clue

Back