• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford D35 lockout parts on a Jeep D30

Yes.....as long as it's not extra. Bring a buffalo chicken pizza while you're at it.

If I could have found a 5x5.5 unit bearing, I would have done it in a heartbeat.

maybe that's what someone should look for, some vehicle that has 5x5.5 unit bearings that could be adapted to fit a jeep d30?

though it would be cool, i'm pretty sure have a better chance of catching jesus cheating at cards.

maybe that's what someone should look for, some vehicle that has 5x5.5 unit bearings that could be adapted to fit a jeep d30?

Late 70s, early 80s Dodge?

$80 for a unit bearing?! damn son where are you buying them. at napa with the lifetime warranty they are around $150 each. autozone still sells them for $137 with a one year warranty.

another question about that. i wonder how the ford spindles and hubs would work with a wj knuckle

For what it's worth, Tomken Unit Bearings are 90$ shipped (w/prime) on Amazon!

No problem, it's a super deal.... atozone wants like $145 or something for a timken unit.... Timkens get a year warranty too... not that you'd need it

i used to get the timkens at autozone. they never lasted a year on my tj. so the warranty was cool. but the last time i bought any, i got the ones from napa. lifetime warranty.

i used to get the timkens at autozone. they never lasted a year on my tj. so the warranty was cool. but the last time i bought any, i got the ones from napa. lifetime warranty.

what were you torquing your axle nuts to?

I've seen a trend lately of people with unit bearing failures. You ask them what type of torque wrench they use to get 175 ft pounds, and they just stare at you blankly.

Torque specs aren't just for fun. :)

I just use a massive, half inch breaker bar ... lol Im sure it's good for that or more.. even cheap chinese bearings lasted me a good while.. Definitely CRANK those nuts!! You definitely should not be shreading Timkens that fast, even if you run some pokey wheels

on my last tj i was running 35's on some 15x8 wheels with 3.5in of back spacing.

my problem was just abuse. that guy was airborn everyother week. u joints would only last me about a month maybe two. he just got beat on. that's why they didn't last

on my last tj i was running 35's on some 15x8 wheels with 3.5in of back spacing.

my problem was just abuse. that guy was airborn everyother week. u joints would only last me about a month maybe two. he just got beat on. that's why they didn't last

Now I see the reason for your current build.

Oh, I gotcha..sounds like a new axle would be your best bet, but I too know how that goes....I can't even begin to think about affording a hp d44 front

hahahaha. i was going to do the hp44. but after looking at prices, i didn't see the point. it's almost as expensive to build an hp44 as an hp60.

so i'll just stick with the hp30 till it dies, hopefully by that time i'll have some cash saved for a front 60 or maybe a 609

My experience owning a 94 Ranger with 9" of lift (6 suspension" 3 body") on 35's on 15x8 w/3.5BS.

Wheeling it every weekend and sometime during the week with about 100 miles of weekly road use, caused the small wheel bearings used to go about every other month.

The Warn locking hub kit was not the best either. I went through three sets in the 3+ years of running them including one set on 31's.

They were not to easy to disassemble and clean which they needed just about every time I would go out. If you didn't keep up with them they would blow the out side of the hub right off.

This was not only a problem I had bur many others running the same warn hubs.

I never broke axles on the 35 but did snap a spindle once.

Just my input on this.

I did have a friend that changed every thing from the nucle out over to a 44 set up with the better locking hubs. I'll see if I can get in touch with him and find out what he did.

Back