• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For you texans who have to run front plates.

It's ok Ian, not everybody can be manly enough to carry a piece. You're proximity in location to oklahoma suggests that, maybe, you're just not Texan enough.

edit: 1200 posts...woot

My plate is on the bumper low, it's just mauled, and I don't have any issues. I installed my bumper and was stopped two days later for no plate. Now I have one that shows my approach and departure (in reverse) to the world. I actually saw a setup like you made in a catalogue for about 30 bucks. Keep using your head, it's better if you do it yourself.

I'm in Texas, and I don't have a front plate. I'd like to use this fix, however I need a winch. Would someone donate a Superwinch epi9.0 to me? Yes beggars can be choosers.

bumper49.jpg

I've been driving like this for a week, no issues yet. I have my front plate in the cargo area, with a couple of nylon tie straps waiting just in case. ;)

Jeep_Photoshoot056.jpg

The only one that has asked about my missing front license plate is my wife.

xxmidianxx said:
You know you are from Texas if your story starts out saying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeftwillP
Liberty Hill popo pulled me over and had me disarm....

No, you know you're from Texas if you end up chatting with the trooper about guns on the side of the highway... :laugh:

I truly love all these people who choose to just ignore the law because they don't want to be bothered with it. Cheers to you all!

As long as they are willing the accept the consequences of their actions, who cares?

Uh..yeah...like...uummm...at what point is that thought process no longer socially acceptable? If I murder someone and I'm willing to accept the consequences does it still apply? Drink and drive? Robbery? Mugging? Indecent exposure? Touching the anus of a fowl with mouth of genitals (yes, TX actually has a law against that....guess it was a problem in this state at some point)? The law is the law is the law. :)

Yeah and Ian has NEVER broke a law ever.

He has NEVER driven an illegal XJ to Gilmer or Hot Springs.

Old Man Ian is every mom's wet dream. Mr. Perfect himself.

Can you feel the love Ian?

Uh...my XJ was legal both times bro. Hot Springs, I still had the old tags and stuff from the previous owner.

I had temp tags for Gilmer and it has a current inspection sticker. :)

Any other time I've broken the law, I didn't do it just because it wasn't convenient. I'm not claiming to be perfect, I'm commenting on the blatant disregard. The "I don't have to obey the law because I don't want to. I'm above the law and better than everyone else who has to obey the law merely because I'm me."

Last edited:
Sheeesh you STILL can't take a joke.

Are you that old now? Have you started yelling at kids that walk across you lawn?

Uh..yeah...like...uummm...at what point is that thought process no longer socially acceptable? If I murder someone and I'm willing to accept the consequences does it still apply? Drink and drive? Robbery? Mugging? Indecent exposure? Touching the anus of a fowl with mouth of genitals (yes, TX actually has a law against that....guess it was a problem in this state at some point)? The law is the law is the law. :)

It's ALWAYS socially acceptable. Life is all about choices and the consequences of those choices. The legal system is simply an attempt to codify the consequences of a specific set of actions. You don't enforce the law, you enforce the consequences of breaking those laws. If someone follows through with an action (ANY action) they MUST be prepared to accept the legal and social consequences of those actions. That means if you kill someone, you go to jail forever. If you touch a fowl's anus, you...well, I have NO idea what the legal response is, but you will DEFINITELY be a social pariah. Live your life how you see fit, but don't complain about the results of your choices.

Most folks simply decide that the consequences of breaking the law (a hefty fine in the case of the front license plate) is not worth the risk. But those who DO decide its worth it better not complain when a cop pulls them over for it. If you don't like the consequences, work to change them.

Back