• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For Sale 1989 Jeep Cherokee-CO/CA ARBs Currie CHP 9"

4WDXPRT

NAXJA Forum User
An extremely well built XJ that looks great and dominates any trail you're comfortable tackling. Currently selling as I'm going to buy a 04 Dodge Cummins 600 and need more room for growing family and big dog.

I also have a clean 1999 XJ for sale as well. TAKE NOTE: I will be driving this out to California for the July 4th Weekend...Dana Point area. So if you're serious and in California I can deliver it free of charge.

I have mounted 35" MT/Rs from my other Cherokee to show that it will run these as is...it comes with 5 33x12.50R15 BFG A/T KOs and is dialed in for flex with this size tire.

Image-FBE659D2C9E311D8.jpg

1989 Jeep Cherokee 155k+ miles on body White/Silver
30,000 miles on new 242cid 4.0L MPFI engine by Western Engine

Interior - Good
Nice Carpet
Added rear shoulder belts
Alpine CD Deck, Pioneer Amp, 4 6x9s
Cobra CB
Factory cup holder
Cargo liner

Body – Good
Minor body dings from off-roading/few scratches but looks damn good for 14 years old.
Tastfully trimmed fenders
CJ Hood Vents
Firestick CB antenna
Protofab pre-runner (non-winch) front bumper w/ Hella 500 fog lights
Tomken rear bumper and tire carrier – customized to hold hi-lift jack (hi-lift included)
All JP Boulder Bars Rocker Panel protection
Factory gas tank skid plate
Tomken transmission skid plate

Suspension - 7.5” lift (multi-vendor)
Rubicon Express ZJ 4.5” coils
2” RE spacers
Rubicon Express HD drop down brackets + Braces
Tomken control arms w/ johnny joint
New upper contral arm axle mount bushings (October 2003)
Tomken/RE leaf packs
1” block
1.5” lift shackles
Rancho RS9000 shocks
JKS bar pin eliminators for front and rear
JKS shock conversions for the front shocks
JKS quicker disconnects
Poly Sway bar bushings
Rubicon Express Heim track bar
Rusty’s Off-Road steering box brace
Heavy Duty tie rod and Drag Link modified for extra strength

Drivetrain –
30k mile 4.0L enigine. Runs Excellent No Leaks
M.O.R.E. Bomb Proof motor mounts
NEW Cat Back Rock Crawler Exhaust 2.5” Custom Routed Design
Open cooling system conversion w/ flow kooler water pump
1996 newer style electric cooling fan (more blades/better air flow)
Accel Super Coil and 8mm plug wires
HO style oil filter housing
2 gauge battery cables
160 amp altenator
Open element S&B Racing air filter (5” power stack)
ARB Air Compressor with tire inflation kit
Front High Pinion Dana 30 4.56 gears, ARB, stock shafts with spares, Summit Off-Road Diff guard
Currie Enterpries High Pinion 9” rear 4.56 gears, ARB, 1999 Ford Explorer disk brakes
Modified proportioning valve for better flow to Currie Rear Disc Brakes
Custom Englewood Drive Shafts
NP 231 T-case with J&B Conversions SYE (32-Spline Output Shaft!)
AW4 auto/mannual tranny (Full control over 1-2 Shift Pattern, Torque Converter and Valve Body)
NEW 4x4 Posi-Lok Cable operated front axle fork actuator; 2WD Low Range + Full In-cab control; Upgraded Cast Iron Shift Fork to replace weak OEM aluminum version http://www.4x4posi-lok.com/

Tires/Wheels-
5 33x12.50 BFG Kos siped
5 15x8 Eagle type 55 3.75” bs wheels

MISC-
Have added aftermarket keyless entry and new relays, all locks work with force even in very cold weather.
Tinted windows legal on front windows 5% on the rest
Replaced opening wing windows with stationary windows for quieter ride.

See pictures at: http://www.cherokee4wd.com

$9500

If interested call Randy Harris @ 303.349.1294

Last edited:
Beautiful cherokee, but I have a 98 already and an 89 and an 87 and my brother has another 89 so i guess I can't really afford to get another one right now. Very sweet. Something about white on a cherokee-----I really like it----------Kyle

Back from California...80 Mph the whole way in 105+ heat! I sure like the extra power at sea level...now its back to the 5280 of elevation :)

This rig is turn key....it can immediately drive across the country or hit any trail you point it at. Due to a lot of looking around at Cummins 555s/600s this weekend I'm setting up the eBay listing today.

I can also drop in a Dana 44 Rear axle with 4:56:1, ARB Air Locker and 11" Drum brakes....If you're interested in this configuration and reducing the cost of the rig considerabily let me know.

If you are local to Colorado I can offer a 6 month/6000 mile power train warranty free of charge...I'll stand behind this XJ.

TTT

I can also drop in a Dana 44 Rear axle with 4:56:1, ARB Air Locker and 11" Drum brakes....

TTT[/QUOTE]

Can't really afford a whole new rig, but if that 44 is just in the way, I'ld be willing to take it off your hands! you wouldn't happen to have a matching front end you're looking to get rid of wudja?? :dunno: I've got an 88 w/a super 35 & stock 30 w/EZ-locker & 3.55's. I could regear them, but if I could make the #s work, I'ld like to have the extra beef :D Let me know what you have & what it'll take! :compwork:

4WDXPRT said:
I can also drop in a Dana 44 Rear axle with 4:56:1, ARB Air Locker and 11" Drum brakes....

TTT

Chummerin said:
Can't really afford a whole new rig, but if that 44 is just in the way, I'ld be willing to take it off your hands! you wouldn't happen to have a matching front end you're looking to get rid of wudja?? :dunno: I've got an 88 w/a super 35 & stock 30 w/EZ-locker & 3.55's. I could regear them, but if I could make the #s work, I'ld like to have the extra beef :D Let me know what you have & what it'll take! :compwork:

Duane,

I've got two awesome locked F/R Cherokee's so the axles have to stay with them. The only option with the axle is to sell the white 89 with a Dana 44 for a lot less. PM me if you're interested in this configuration as I'm going to need to sell the rig here pretty soon. It would be less than $7000 with my Dana 44 which is still a killer XJ

Getting down to the wire on eBay...I'm really overextending myself on delivery and several other aspects of this XJ. Reserve is set over $1000 below the Buy it Now price so if there was a time to buy this in it current configuration it would be now.

Back