• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fog Light Suggestions

l_44914b53c20044d5fe1fb8c0776189eb.jpg

I am trying to go for a sleeker look and I would prefer not to drill into the bumper. Has anyone mounted smaller driving lights behind the grille?

Wow that link you posted is terribly. So many hot spots in front of the vehicle.

If you want great driving lights the hella 500/500ff are cheap and work great.

If you want great fog lights that still throw out a good amount of light, get a pair of blazer projector fogs. The came stock on corvettes. Kinda funny because they're $30 on ebay under "clear halogen projector fog", but $150 under "oem corvette fog". What a scam...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CLEA...itemZ270312807159QQptZOtherQ5fVehicleQ5fParts
p3184.jpg

c5fog1.JPG

Last edited:
Has anyone mounted smaller driving lights behind the grille?

i dont think there are any that are small enough to be feasible and that would make a difference. kc slim lights may fit, but why hide them behind the grill? :dunno:

if you are going for sleek or simple, the simplest looking and functioning would be two in front of the grill on the bumper as most people have said --^

you can always consider a light bar that goes in front of the grill. zoneworx makes one that fits pre-97 and another for 97+

I did the GoJeep loom and a pair of Hella 85/100s in the stock lamp locations. I can see a mile down the road now.

I saw the deer jump right over the city fence and land 10 feet in front of me, too. She thought she could outrun me, I hoped so too as I slammed on the brakes. Not.

Now I have a more expensive headlight to replace. I'm not sure I gained a thing, but I love those bright lights.

At least I only have to replace one, not four. Food for thought.

I dont know about Missouri, but in Indiana, when I hit a deer, it was covered by my comprehensive insurance... just an fyi...

Can't go wrong with the hella 500's they piss some people off but they light up a road in conjunction with my silverstars. I plan on getting the Xenon bulbs for my hella's when i get the extra cash!

All you have to do is drill two 10 mm holes in your bumper its really thin steel so its easy to do with a cordless drill!

I dont know about Missouri, but in Indiana, when I hit a deer, it was covered by my comprehensive insurance... just an fyi...

good to know........ :D

Has anyone thought about putting a set of HID bulbs in to a Hella or KC light set up. I have a friend who bought a set of cheap fog lights off ebay and put in a set of cheap HId's and has a set of way bright lights for his truck.

His cheap set over power his nice set of Hella 500's with out a problem.

Back