• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flat tire advice please help

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
Today after 25 miles of wheeling and some odd 40 of road i had my first flat and i dont believe i can call it trail related. a sharp rock slide in the road was probable. I was lucky enough to have friends see my tire from behind going 75mph and pulled over right outside of town. My 31" duratrac was almost to the wheel and leaking air. WTF!!! I spent another 30 mile driving down a canyon an never noticed a problem until they called.

I had a stock P225 or 255 idk, that got me home because stupid rubicon had to go with 5.5 bolt pattern! Any way im very lucky something worse didnt happen.

My point of this thread is that my tires are maybe half worn. When this is the case is it terrible to replace it with one new tire when the others are worn?

Also Is it bad to have a smaller tire to limp home in 2wd? obviously i would say if you have a much larger tire than the spare its probably unwise to try this but i think i was border line close enough for a short travel( i hope).

If i can get the tire replaced without it being an issue for the other 3 its the preffered rout, but if 3 worn tires and one new is bad juju than im in a money hole and going back to 32's. Fudge

Smaller spare tire isn't to bad if it's an open diff. But it is wearing the spider gears faster. I would just patch the tire that leaks if it isn't destroyed from running low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it has a puncture like a peace sign each side maybe 1/4 inch. does that seem like something that can or cant be patched an would you trust it on the trail?

Back