• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finishing The Senior Project!!

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
My Son's senior project is coming to a head this weekend, starting Friday evening. His project is putting a 4.5'' Rock krawler (GEN 3 ) long arm sytem on his Cherokee. We have tools and the garage taken care of, but i am worried about our abilities. I have put on two 3" lifts before and he has frankensteined a 4'' lift with a freind. If anyone local is looking for something to do, say Saturday it sure would be nice to have someone with some expertice looking over our shoulder.
Just for info ,we are in Columbus In. If anyone is interested I'll give out further info later. Thanx Digger

digger4u said:
My Son's senior project is coming to a head this weekend, starting Friday evening. His project is putting a 4.5'' Rock krawler (GEN 3 ) long arm sytem on his Cherokee. We have tools and the garage taken care of, but i am worried about our abilities. I have put on two 3" lifts before and he has frankensteined a 4'' lift with a freind. If anyone local is looking for something to do, say Saturday it sure would be nice to have someone with some expertice looking over our shoulder.
Just for info ,we are in Columbus In. If anyone is interested I'll give out further info later. Thanx Digger

id love to, however - tooo fawking far from home and have my own axle swap to deal with...

Well its all finished!! I really cant believe how easy this lift went on. Our only delay was the welding of the two control arm brackets. The intial after ride was quite nice, smooth and no vibes what so ever ( 89 aw4 w/ 231) I couldn't believe it.
The only question/ complaint we have is, Rock krawler put all the time into making this 2nd gen. longarm system just a fantastic kit, but then they go and put Rough Country shocks in the kit. If we would have known this we would ordered the kit without the shocks.
My son still has more work to do before he can wheel it but, he is enjoying it immensly, so sooner or later we'll give out some thoughts on this kits wheeling abilities.
Thanx Digger

what school is this?? I want to go back to school and do a senior project on something other than growing weed in the basement.

glad to hear things went well.

Yes ... Congratulations Digger. I'm sure you and your son enjoyed doing the project together. Sorry you were not able to get much MWC help, but things worked out well for you despite it.

Les

Bring it out to Redbird on the 7th.

Glad everything went smoothly.

:cheers:

Fore Wheeler said:
what school is this?? I want to go back to school and do a senior project on something other than growing weed in the basement.

In that case...
I am about to start my 17th consecutive Senior Project.
See you in October!!!
:smokin:

awesome!
hope the kit works out for you...

Fore Wheeler said:
I want to go back to school and do a senior project on something other than growing weed in the basement.
Why?

Back