• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally lifted, Rusty's 4.5, Help with details!!

do you have a sye or tcase drop? are you getting any vibes? I have a 98, auto with RE 3.5" lift. Was thinking of putting another 1" on it, but didn't want to risk vibes with no tcase drop or sye.

i have a t/c drop and 6* shims i highlyrecommend just getting an sye

well after it settled it's still sitting crooked:( i'm just going to slap another spring isolator in there..lol

i had that 4.5 kit from rustys and everytime i flexed the coils always made weird noises. i guess its just how they are made, but if you upgrade get RE no noises. i used to have vibes from my front driveshaft, but it only happened when i was at 60mph, so i just dis. it until i needed 4x4. also keep an eye out on your control arm mounts, i guess depends on how you drive, but mine over time got tweaked and the holes werent holes anymore. if i could go back i would have them re-enforced before the damaged was done. also keep in mind the more you flex that uni-body the more your jeep wont sit even, even with a brand new kit my jeep sits low on the passenger side. good luck

I wouldn't worry to much about it sitting crooked. my old XJ with a 4.5 inch lift sat lower on the driver side so I just adjusted the jks quicker disconnect to make it longer on that side, so it forced that corner up and made it sit level :D. Nice lookin xj. What size tires do you have on it?

they are only 256/70/16's but hey, they were free

ah ok gothca. Just wondering cause I have a 4.5 inch lift and 33's sitting at home that I'll be putting on my xj in a week or two and I wondered how it would look compared to yours. Without cutting mine may be pretty close to the fenders lol.

lol yea, i want 33's(metric size) i plan on a 1" spacer in the front and 1.5" shackles out back, I should be good for a 33x11.5 by then

Nice jeep, i love black moabs, i painted mine this summer too.

IMG_8627.jpg

DSCN2814.jpg

OK, bumpstops are your friend for 33's on 4.5 lift. Believe me, I have this setup and everytime I went wheeling I hit my bushwhackers with the tires... I have a 2000 XJ, i have a 1.5" TC drop and no vibes(I got lucky, I still don't have a SYE) After 2.5 years, the springs have stettled and I have some wierd lean going to the back left. It is the nature of the kit, I have beat the crap out of my jeep and it is still going, but I believe if I had the high doller springs I would not have this problem...BUT I dont have that kind of cash, so you make do with what you have...

Also, stock jeep springs have a higher spring rate on the drivers side to accomodate the weight of the driver... Aftermarket do not. If you are used to driving your jeep alone, you are going to lean to that side bacause the springs will settle on that side faster. That being said, do some adjusting to your tools and gear inside and you should be able to correct this, if it bothers you...I personally don't care, but then again my jeep is no longer my daily driver.

The kit has done me well, but I am long overdue for an upgrade...for the cash, you cannot ask for a better kit. Here is a flex shot on my buddies 40" Ground Hawgs, as you can tell it gets the job done...

DSCN0084.jpg

DSCN0087.jpg

man i need 33's and bushwackers that black one looks sooooo good

I think its dark green, and I agree, It looks amazing! Wish I would've kept my bushwackers when I sold my last jeep lol.

i wonder why mine leans to the driver's side????? are the springs side specific???

anywho, with the bushings, i keep hearing about how everyone's rusty's leaf spring bushings wear out so fast, is there an aftermarket alternative rubber bushing, or could i go to a spring shop to get a different manufacture bushing to use?? like getting the measurements from rustys or someone who measured??

and thanks for the compliments! I love how it looks, I plan on getting shackles and coil spacers for just a little bit more lift.

would it be bad if i threw another coil spring isolater on the driver side to bring it level?

Or you could get adjustables.....:cool: http://www.redrock4x4.com/shop/products/751.html

yea ive seen the adjustables, but wow they are so expensive!!!

Back