• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender trimming

rhino317 said:
what kind of bumper is that?

Mine? My avatar is a stocker modified by the rear end of a Sebring. The black tubular is a OR-Fab.
l_5de7de954d758fcbf4115af1157940dc.jpg

TNT said:
This is how I trimmed the rear on my XJ... Thats 5" of lift with 33" tires and room for 37" tires...

rearfender003.jpg
Have any more pictures of this? Thinking about doing this to my dads 4 door.

I did something similar to my 2 door, minus the flairs, but seems like it would be a bit harder with the doors in the back.

I left the little front lip to match the "cut n folded" rear fenders....if you do this make sure to bumpstop enough hehe part is from my tire (see tread) and some is from a tree.

023.jpg

the rear:

DSC00339.jpg

Last edited:
man i wish i wouldnt have put bushackers on my jeep they suck a$$ but now i think the holes i drilled are to far up to cut that high it might look stupid, and the holes in the back doors.

you could fill them with epxoy or something and paint over it. or you could fill them with silicone, bondo or fiberglass it then paint over it... if you can't match the paint, spray an inch wide strip of bed liner or paint on your fenders (from the lip to just above the affected area). that would look pretty good imo.

MSLD said:
Hey TNT,

Did you build or buy those fenders?

I cut the stock fenders and reformed the flares to fit in the front.

I still have to weld in a replacement inner piece so the inner fender extends all the way to the core support. The battery is going in the bed and a different cold air intake filter set-up is in the works after the '95 HO motor is swapped in. I'm trying to get as much uptravel as possible.

Here's a few more pics of the front of my MJ. The tires are 33x10.50's with 6" of lift. There is 14" from the tire to the flare.:)

MJ043.jpg

MJ042.jpg

MJ041.jpg

MJ02.jpg

MJ01.jpg

Picture014a.jpg

In the rear on my old XJ I cut, folded and welded the fenders and used a cut and formed rear MJ flares. A LF flare would work great on the RR and RF on LR. They would fit even better then the MJ flares do. This XJ is my parts doner for my MJ.

A few more pics. The tires are 33x10.50's with 5" of lift

rearfender005.jpg

rearfender004.jpg

rearfender001.jpg

rearfender002.jpg

rhino317 said:
man i wish i wouldnt have put bushackers on my jeep they suck a$$ but now i think the holes i drilled are to far up to cut that high it might look stupid, and the holes in the back doors.

A mig welder and some finese would fill the holes no problem.

Back