• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler- D.I.Y. Eaton M62 Supercharger Kit

CobraMarty

NAXJA Forum User
Saw this and got to thinking,

Would there be any interest in a DIY Supercharger kit like in this pic which would include all the required adapter plates, mounts, pulleys, belts, fuel control? Easy install and return back to stock (should you sell your jeep and want to recoup some of the cast back).

You would just source the Eaton supercharger locally or ebay and install it yourself. It keeps the A/C but it would require a hole cut in the hood (much smaller then in the pic or you could use a JY hood and paint it black to 'save' your stock hood) and a scoop or cowl like hood to cover the cutout.

Would include Everything needed in the kit minus the supercharger and electronics for around $1000. Supercharger about $100 and the electronics about $300-350.

Would be 'low' boost 5-6 pounds max but that would be good for 25-33% increase in HP and TQ. Any other add-ons would just add to the increase, like 2.5" cat back, headers, 62mmTB, CAI, 703's.

150rwhp to 190-200rwhp and 180rwtq to 225-240rwtq.

%7E

I'll get the picture here in a bit. Should have said Eaton M62 Supercharger.
%7E

Last edited:
Too bad I don't still have my foundry setup. I would have loved to cast some custom manifolds that would mount the supercharger lower and have brackets for the PS pump as well.

Make sure a m62 would flow enough. Have one on a ford focus at work and it is at it limits with that little 2.0 liter zetec. I think a m62 would be really small for a 4.0. I found this on the m62..

''The Eaton Supercharger Model 62 is designed for 2.5L to 4.0L passenger car and light truck engines, but may also be suitable for other engine sizes, depending on total system performance requirements.''

So by that statement it would be right at it limits.

I think it would be a lot better to build a kit with a M90 out of gm or the ford. M90 are made to run on 3.0 to 5.0 liter engine which fits the jeep alot better. Then if the person decides to build a stroker, or has one already the kit will be able to be used.

Last edited:
It will be fine at the 5-6 pound boost range. This is not a 10-15 pound boost system.
The Jeep 4.0 head flows so poorly and doesn't turn over 5000rpm, the m62 will be sized OK.
On a 4.6L stroker with ported head and mild cam, It would be on the small size.
So if it, the m62, hits the 5-6 pounds boost at 4800rpm on a stock 4.0L, what does that say about it's size? That seems just right.

just saying from driving a stock focus(svt) with a m62 running 6 pounds it is at it limit. It is a JACKSON RACING FOCUS 2.0 SUPERCHARGER KIT.

but you do have a good idea

So if it, the m62, hits the 5-6 pounds boost at 4800rpm on a stock 4.0L, what does that say about it's size? That seems just right.

The m90 I am running hits 6 pounds as soon as I go to wide open throttle. So by 1500 rpm and WOT I have 6 pounds. a lot more useable then having to wait until 4800rpm. I dont think i ever rev my engine that high. I am thinking if the system is made right the m62 would reach it max boost way before 4800rpm. It should act a lot like my m90

The m62 supercharger will work fine in this application.

The Supercharger is from 1991-1995 Series I L67 supercharged vehicles.
Buick Park Avenue, Buick Rivera, Olds 88, Olds 98, Pontiac Bonneville.
91-93 have 2.55"/64.8mm pulley, 94-95 have 2.85"/72.4mm pulley.

The '96+ are m90's and all have a longer front extension/nose/snout and are too long to fit.

The m90 I am running hits 6 pounds as soon as I go to wide open throttle. So by 1500 rpm and WOT I have 6 pounds. a lot more useable then having to wait until 4800rpm. I dont think i ever rev my engine that high. I am thinking if the system is made right the m62 would reach it max boost way before 4800rpm. It should act a lot like my m90
The Sprintex I have on my Jeep is actually smaller than the M62. http://www.sprintex.com.au/sprintex/superchargers/

Yet it still makes 6psi boost right off idle @WOT 7psi by about 4000rpm and 8psi by about 47-4800ish. The M62 will be fine.

And give away all the secrets. Isn't anything proprietary?
It's a piece of steel and alumn.

Ok. Kinda have the idea as to how its set up. Im not copying I had to sell my charger :(

Back