• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feel the quake?

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
Was outside wrenching on the WJ, felt like someone was shaking it side to side lightly. Actually walked to the back to see who was messing around.

Went inside for a drink, saw CNN was reporting a 5.9 in VA.

Hope everybody down there is ok.

I didn't feel it, probably because of the running chainsaw in my hand at the time. I think it might have been neat to feel it, since it seems like there was no damage from what I heard and no deaths(that may be wrong but I hadn't heard of any).

Basically the same as John. Putting the alternator back into the XJ and everything was moving around. I thought I was off balance on the step stool, then noticed the jeep was shaking. Then noticed my Cadillac was shaking. Then I was oooh earthquake. I lived in CA for a few years and felt a couple there too

Was working at the Willow grove mall, site evacuate and so did the mall. Was quite a weird feeling.

it was so bad at my house, i took my stepson and we jumped into the tub...

I was at my desk thought sombody was shaking it.

It was felt here in Central IN too!

It was felt here in ELk County as well. I work in a powdered metal plant so I didn't feel it. My fiance called after my mom called to see if our house was shaking too. She was worried about my mom losing her mind. Shortly after my cousin who lives in D.C. posted on Facebook about it. Turns out she wasn't!

I didnt feel anything, i was driving at the time, and i didnt really notice anything. Maybe if i was driving something that rode a little better id feel it. Hahahah

My Grandfather clock at home stopped running.
Acceleration measured 0.057 Gs at Peach Bottom Nuclear Power plant.
At Salem / Hope Creek we quickly inspected everything we could see.
North Anna station was taken off-line but no equipment damaged.

Are your lights still burning?

I was in the school library up in Queens near LaGuardia Airport. The table started shaking as I was typing. I thought it was a huge semi rolling through the back so I was watching the window for it. Everybody started looking at each other like wtf is that.

everytime someone said "i didnt feel a thing" today regarding the quake i replied with "thats what she said"

Back