• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

feed back about RuffCountry 4.5 lift

i know a friend that had the kit, and he would beat it pretty hard and it held up pretty well. The only thing was his kit didnt come with the shackles so he had to use the stock ones and that didnt work out too well.. I mean you can always buy new ones. i have a rustys 4.5 short arm kit on mine and i love it. It came with the right set up with the 3.5 in leafs and the 1 in shackle. shackle angle came out perfect and the rear end is ridiculously smooth along with the front end. I am very happy with my rustys kit. I looked at RC before i bought my kit and from what i remember for the setup i wanted rustys had it and RC didnt. But my friends RC kit held up pretty well.

rouch country has a great longarm kit for the money and tho it's better that rustys i would by TNT, clayton or RE

their stuff nowadays is much better. ill be picking up the RC 4.5 long arm kit next month. now comes with the upgraded 2.2 shocks(big upgrade compared to the last) and AAL is only if you have new or close to it leaf packs. if you dont, then the full leafs is the only way to go or you will get terrible sag. another member here(muddeprived) has their kit. he got it with the old crossmember with exposed bolts, then they changed to the recessed/proteced bolt crossmember, so he called and they sent him a new one no problem and free. the whole l/a kit comes with an sye, discos, and stainless steel brake lines too. from 4x4groupbuy.com you can get the kit, with full leafs, for $1400 and shipped for $55 ish depending on where you are. im in pa and mine will be $55(zone 1). the longer they stay in business the better they get and the more the add. if i had a kit from 06', id probably be pissed at it too, but now a days theyre picking up their game and make a really nice product. and if something ever fails, theyll typically replace it for free no questions asked. i say its a great value and a much better product than rustys. ive never had a rustys but when i see pictures of all sorts of cracked hd shackel mounts, it makes me frightened

their stuff nowadays is much better. ill be picking up the RC 4.5 long arm kit next month. now comes with the upgraded 2.2 shocks(big upgrade compared to the last) and AAL is only if you have new or close to it leaf packs. if you dont, then the full leafs is the only way to go or you will get terrible sag. another member here(muddeprived) has their kit. he got it with the old crossmember with exposed bolts, then they changed to the recessed/proteced bolt crossmember, so he called and they sent him a new one no problem and free. the whole l/a kit comes with an sye, discos, and stainless steel brake lines too. from 4x4groupbuy.com you can get the kit, with full leafs, for $1400 and shipped for $55 ish depending on where you are. im in pa and mine will be $55(zone 1). the longer they stay in business the better they get and the more the add. if i had a kit from 06', id probably be pissed at it too, but now a days theyre picking up their game and make a really nice product. and if something ever fails, theyll typically replace it for free no questions asked. i say its a great value and a much better product than rustys. ive never had a rustys but when i see pictures of all sorts of cracked hd shackel mounts, it makes me frightened

Yeah they sent me the redesigned xmember and new upper flex joints since mine went bad after the first ride. One of my shocks started leaking last January and they replaced it too. Their kit doesn't come with SYE unless you choose it as an option and then the price goes up.

DSCF7502.jpg

DSCF7507.jpg

They got awesome customer service with the new guy Jeffrey there. Hands down the best I've experienced. :)

rides harsh. Went through a set of rear springs because they sagged. Even though they are warrantied, who wants to deal with that. I'm also replacing all the shocks because they stink.

Your lucky you went with RC, i heard a guy claim RE wouldn't talk to him about his 6 months old springs..(darky on here)
To the OP
I have had there kit for 3 years now, i did have a spring go bad but they sent a NEW one real fast..I think moving my Toyhuse trailer did it..If you do a search on RC you'll find out the shocks need to be upgraded, i run there cheap shocks...But i found if you lift a jeep or a truck your ride gets a little tighter..Could just be me :dunno:

I have the old cross member too. How the heck did you get them to send you the "NEW" style cross member???

There's a thread on jeepforum about RC's long arm kit and I mentioned my complaint in there and how RC wanted me to BUY the new designed xmember when I called (and Ron called too). Some other guys had the xmember show up on their porch and didn't pay a dime. That was months ago and i kinda forgot about it and moved on and then two weeks ago I got a pm from a RC vendor, Jeffrey who's apparently the new go-to guy there, and he said his guys should not have asked me to buy it and wanted to fix all the issues I've been having (flex joints, HP30 arm clearance, crossmember, shock). It was an unexpected but appreciated response from RC and I couldn't turn down the offer so he sent me the new xmember 3 days later. Ron already took care of the clearance arm, shock, and flex joints a while before that. They even let me keep the old xmember which i'm gonna give to a fellow jeeper to use as a crossmember for his short arm lift.

I was about to start fabbing up a way to raise the drivetrain and get the bolts out of harm's way when I got the PM. Good timing LOL.

That pretty damn sweet! I just spoke to Jeffery about my Rear springs. Got a new set coming! Wish I would have known about the x member. I gotta hand it rc though. Great customer service.

That pretty damn sweet! I just spoke to Jeffery about my Rear springs. Got a new set coming! Wish I would have known about the x member. I gotta hand it rc though. Great customer service.

That's great news. Hope they work out for ya. :)

Same. I've already replaced one.

I took it apart, and the bushing inside the flex joint just got distorted and sloppy.

Well i've worn out mine after the 1st wheeling trip and they sent me new ones a couple days later. I'm praying these aren't the same ones I had before cuz i don't want to be replacing them after every trip.

ive had my 4.5 lift for about 4 years now, the shocks are crap, but i didnt opt for the good ones. i did however get a jks track bar. all in all i dont reall have any complaints. customer support is totally awesome. i was missing some hardware and they overnighted the stuff i needed with no hassle.

I've had the 4.5" long arm kit with leafs for a few weeks and it's great. I did have to fab some shackle re-location brackets to get the correct angle though, but now it just right...can't complain!

Last edited:
Back