• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Favorite Dutch oven recipes.

I like to keep it quiet, then after the blanket is over her head it's a nice wakeup surprise.

cover the bottom in white cake mix, a can of peach pie filling then dump the rest of the cake mix on top and cut a stick of butter into pieces. 45 minutes or so. Best peach cobbler i've ever had.

I haven't tried it yet, but I can't wait to try this:

IMG_9388.jpg

Ingredients

• 3c unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1t yeast
  • 1t salt
  • 1-1/2c water
Instructions

1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt and yeast. Add water and stir until a shaggy mixture forms (mixture will be loose and sticky; this is what you want). Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 12 - 18 hours (up to 24). Overnight works great.
  2. Preheat oven to 450. Place a cast iron dutch oven with a lid in the oven and heat the pot for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, pour the risen dough onto a heavily floured surface (mixture will be sticky) and lightly shape into a round loaf.
  3. Remove hot pot from the oven and carefully set in the dough. Cover and return to oven for 30 minutes. Then, remove the lid and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. Carefully remove bread from oven and from pot and place on a cooling rack.
http://www.alaskafromscratch.com/dutch-oven-crusty-bread/

cover the bottom in white cake mix, a can of peach pie filling then dump the rest of the cake mix on top and cut a stick of butter into pieces. 45 minutes or so. Best peach cobbler i've ever had.

We do the exact same thing with cherry or apple pie filling. Better than we make at home. Even better yet if we bring something make ice-cream.

This is our cobbler recipe

Large bowl of fresh peaches.

Cake mix

Can of Sprite.

Pour everything in, mix it all up and bake. The sprite keeps everything moist and the bubbles keep it light but mixing it all together makes every bite have chunks of peach. Yum yum

Step 1. Go to white castle, eat as many sliders as possible, wash it down with some ranch/cheese/bacon fries

Step 2. Hold the farts in as best you can.

Step 3. Get in bed with SO

Step 4. Pull covers above heads

Step 5. Let'r rip....

Step 6. Try not to shit yourself

Apple crisp, apple cobbler (with sprite) are favorite desserts.

I like this chicken and tater recipe:

8-10 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1-cup sour cream
1/2 lb. bacon
3-cups grated cheddar cheese
2 medium red onions; diced
1 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
½ tsp seasoning salt
12-14 medium potatoes; peeled & sliced
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
(1)10 ½ oz. can cream of chicken soup
(1) 12 oz can diced tomatillo

Heat a 12" deep Dutch oven using 18-20 briquettes bottom until hot. Cut bacon into 1 inch slices. Add to hot oven and fry until brown. Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces. Add chicken, onions, and ½ tsp. of the seasoning salt to the bacon. Stir, then cover and cook until onions are translucent and chicken is tender. Add potatoes. Stir in soup, tomatillo, sour cream, and the remaining seasonings. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook for 45-60 minutes using 8-10 coals bottom, and 14-16 coals top heat. Stir every 10-15 minutes. When done, cover top with cheese and replace lid. Let stand until cheese is melted.

Variation: Stir in 1 lb. frozen peas or broccoli florets prior to topping with cheese.

I make a pretty killer breakfast pizza in mine.

1. Grease oven
2. layer bottom with large crescent rolls from the can (this is the 'pie' crust essentially)
3. Pour in one small carton of egg beaters
4. Put in 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese
5. Put in 1 pound of cooked crumbled bacon (mmm.. bacon)
6. Top everything with your choice of shredded cheese (I use a mexi-mix)
7. Top with thinly sliced tomatoes. (it will look like pepperoni, hence breakfast pizza)

Numbers 4 and 5 can be substituted for what ever you favorite meat or non meat fillings are.

Cook until eggs are completely cooked, about 30-45 minutes. Feeds 6 when done in a 12" Dutch Oven.

Its ****ing yummy.

IMG_20120107_184107.jpg

My cousin cooks a lot in his Dutch oven when we camp out at our farm. His peach cobbler is good! along with about everything else he makes in it!

Back