• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

exhaust

xjrocker666

NAXJA Forum User
thinking about puting an exaust on the jeep and i dont know what really to go with i have like 170 for it....what im looking for is nice sound pretty loud but legal since this is my dd and not big and bulky like my stock one??? any opinions would be cool

Re: exaust

BASICS--year/engine, always nice to start a thread that way.

I would just throw a flowmaster on it if your just looking for a louder sound, or a glass pack.

I have a completely stock exhaust with a "flo pro" muffler installed by the PO. It sounds pretty bad ass. I have a flowmaster 40 on my wagoneer and its louder, but its also a V8.

A high quality muffler and cat will cost close to 170. How much do you plan on replacing? Header, downpipe, or just a cat-back.

i just want to upgrade my pipes to 2 1/2 with a nice sounding muffler because ive already replaced the cat so i could pass smog so im not really worried about the cat

just be stupid like me and spend some time armoring a stock muffler

dynomax on right

76197_509797377074_226300669_233291_7665740_n.jpg

its quiet enough that i can approach wild gazelle's confidently and attack before they have any idea what is going on.

get the one that's giving the best rebate offer, I did and walked away paying 50 bucks for a dynomax cat-back and actually noticed the gain in power right away, and pretty sure all the routing is the same, just the 00+ need a flange that they provide

I believe it does fit. There are a couple of threads where the differences between the two Dynomax catbacks are laid out if you search a bit, but I don't recall there being a significant difference. Maybe a different hanger or adapter, if that.

I never looked for cat-backs from performance curve, but have recommended others to them for the cheap cats. Good prices.

He (mudfrog?) used to post on here, but kept getting his posts deleted when he asked about offering kits, I believe. He's a vendor on CherokeeForum, and you can get a discount from his thread over there. Makes it a bit cheaper.

Back