• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust Upgrade question

I second, third, or fourth the suggestion of the glasspack. I stuck a regualar Cherry Bomb under there and it sounded great, nice low tone on low to mid RPM's and quieted down on the freeway. I loved it till the day it fell off! I've run straight outta the cat for the last month or so and it sounds suprisingly good. Got tons of compliments on my muffler, or lack thereof. :)

I just had a Flowmaster 50 series and a Magnaflow highflow cat put on last week. So here is my personal review...

Sounds amazing. You can hear it at idle, but its not super loud. If your Jeep is your DD like mine, then thats perfect. When you get on the gas you can hear it, but its not overwhelming, and it dosent drone. Quiet enough so you wont have girlie-girls asking whats wrong wioth your Jeep, you'll never get crap from the cops, but its not OEM and you can hear a rumble. For me, I cant say enough good things about it, its awsome. Perfect tone, not to quiet and not to loud. Also I just cut the end off my exhaust to clear my new shackles, and that helps to project the sound out a bit.

And if your looking for a great deal, I bought mine from a store on ebay called http://stores.ebay.com/Wicked-Nickys-Exhaust
They have the cheapest prices, 100% perfect feedback, and I had the muffler in under a week, they sent me a tracking number and everything. Every modle, they have it.

I highly suggest the flowmaster delta-flow 50 series. I read some old posts about mufflers since i wanted my exhaust to sound deeper, but not too loud. At first I thought that the 50 series would be a bit too loud, but i changed my mind after i got it. Like zfinger said, it sounds great. I barely noticed a difference in sound on the freeway and you dont have to worry at all when music is on. Plus it sounds great at idle and when accelarating. Real nice tone to it.

So basically if you want something that sounds way better than stock, but not so loud that you'll regret, i recommend the 50 series. I haven't really heard any other types of mufflers though, but i think the one i got is just right.

hope that helps

vbjornsson

jeepcherokee95 said:
I think that the flowmaster 40 is first, too loud and second sounds like crap on a 6 cyl.

I would go with the flowmaster delta flow 50 for a deeper richer tone that wont set off car alarms and have a bad drone effect in the cabin; you will still have the good sound your looking for and still be able to hear the tunes above the exhaust...

just my .02....

JC95

P.S.

go with 2.25in exhaust pipe and get the pipe changed from the exhaust all the way back, you wont regret it!

i have a borla header, new cat, connected to rustys 2.5" flowmaster 50 series kit. The regular 50 series is kind of loud. Not obnoxious but regular non jeeping people would call what i have borderline i guess. If i was you i would get a 50 series delta flow (delta flows were not out when i got my stuff). I would get 2.5 " pipes if you have any desire to upgrade the stock crack prone P.O.S. stock exhaust manifold and get maybe a banks or borla header which are 2.5".

About the recomendation above for a flowmaster 40 series i read on here and pirate guys recomend it but if you talk to the tech guys at flowmaster they will tell you with a 4 liter you should go 50 series.

Last edited:
Back