• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Edelbrock aluminum head in the works

IMG_20150422_165406.jpg

That was a long drive from storage. :)

I would take more but I have found a lot online of everything pretty much about the head if there's anything specific you want to see you let me know I'll take a picture of it

but I will say it did not come with a exemption order sticker, so I guess I will be calling them for one of those here in California

Edelbrock does make some good stuff, if this head is anything like other heads they make there is probably some little things that could be done to help it put. My performer rpms for my barracuda had tight guides and just an ok valve job. They would have worked fine as is but I had that stuff fixed for minimal money since I was changing the valve springs anyways.

My strokers 11th birthday is coming up I should get it one of these cylinder heads lol.

I just noticed they used a CJ on the box, a vehicle never offered with the engine this head fits..

You sure thats not a TJ with a Campbell front clip lol.

Well the door handles are not CJ. More TJ. But the cage is more YJ.

Well, I"m sure thats not a TJ front clip or headlights.

I suppose it could be all aftermarket junk.

It's probably some bastardized clip art from their marketing department put on their by some designer that has no idea what a cj/tj/yj is.

I will say the box was Surprisingly Light...

I would take more but I have found a lot online of everything pretty much about the head if there's anything specific you want to see you let me know I'll take a picture of it

I will say the box was Surprisingly Light...

I'd like to see a picture of the un-wrapped, un-boxed head on a bathroom scale.
And a similarly outfitted stock head on the same scale.

Diameter of the push rod holes?

I dont have that small of a telescoping gauge to fit down in the hole. Maybe russ does. And my calipers are not fitting down far enough to even get a close to accurate ID. While trying to guesstimate with them, it looks like around .75" hole.

Unfortunately smaller than the diameter of a lifter.
I have a Hesco head in my shop for some port work. Enlarging the push rod
hole for lifter access was one of the many things Hesco did right including raising
the valve cover rail. What Hesco did wrong was copy the factory combustion chamber
where's Edelbrock correctly redesigned it.

In my perfect world I wish we could have the best of both heads.

When I finish the Edelbrock and Hesco head I'll post some pics with my ported
7120 head.

A series of images comparing the 3 would go a long way.

It would be interesting to see which of those 3 heads you would pick for your own high performance motor, once all 3 are done.

A series of images comparing the 3 would go a long way.

It would be interesting to see which of those 3 heads you would pick for your own high performance motor, once all 3 are done.

This is the Value aspect...

Back