• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Edelbrock aluminum head in the works

i would be that postal customer too, but i'm too poor to buy one of those heads right now.

i really want one though. the idea of getting away from race gas..

I think I have one of these spiffy heads in my storage unit. Whats all the fuss?

oh but I do. It is going to be delivered to me monday or tue... :)

Edelbrock = Torrance. lol

Haha.. but I did buy one today and was told a few were ready to sell and the rest went to be built for complete part #s.

I bought bare. Having russ do his magic to it and see what we come up with. Then on to a stroker he is building me. I will take pictures tues. When it's delivered from storage. :)

Edelbrock called me yesterday, and Summit confirmed this A.M. that the head had shipped. I ordered it months ago and finally....BTW I verified with UPS that it would arrive Monday via tracking number. I am the one that was going postal as this is one factor holding up the completion of my Boosted, Stroked, 4.0. Meth/Water injection Kenne-Belle enhanced ignition and fuel systems, etc.

I supposedly got the first head. Might be true as I have bugged the **** out of them both.

Bob
97 Cherokee Country 4X4

Can't wait to see your motor in action then Bob:wave:

Thank you for the kind words. I wanted to run Nitrous too but was advised against it. Now have to start thinking about some upgrades to the front/rear end. Don't think the stock limited slip Dana will last long. Luckily for me the person running this project is an XJ expert.

It's funny how power grows on you. I started with a ported and polished stock head, 62mm bored throttle body, and Banks header and after CAT system. It all made a big difference at first. But I got used to it and wanted more.

Bob
97 XJ Country, 85K, Bilsteins, Old Man EMU springs, Power mods, etc. Just Empty Every Pocket

. Now have to start thinking about some upgrades to the front/rear end. Don't think the stock limited slip Dana will last long.
I can just imagine your D35, in parts, scattered down my street.
May be time to find a stronger rear axle.

I can just imagine your D35, in parts, scattered down my street.
May be time to find a stronger rear axle.

It wouldn't be the first Dana I have scattered. Looking at the Chrysler 8.25.
I don't know about the front until I consult with a higher authority. If anyone knows a source for a good 8.25 in SoCal area I'm all ears.

Bob
97 Cherokee Country with some good stuff.

Wonder if you can get a Mopar B or E Body style Dana 60 for the rea, maybe even see if one can be made for the front too. Those were factory on the 440ci 6Pack/6bbl and Hemi cars when optioned with the 4 speed manuals, plus they should be close in width as well as have a 5×4.5" bolt pattern.

Back