• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ebay XJ Roll cage

Not bad. go for the DOM way better then ews. that door bar is going to make it a pain in the ass to get in and out and I hope you dont have a rear seat. I build cages and if I were building a XJ cage I'd have atleast a C hoop as well but I have a 4 door and often have passengers

Looks like a decent starting point...make sure they use the proper dimensions for a 2-door. I strongly believe you should have a door bar like that (or tube doors) if you are going to run doorless.

Also, I noticed the shipping is $125...just making sure you saw that.

Great business name they have!

I know a guy that can get good prices on DOM and he has a bender and welder.......

I thought of that guy too...wonder if his rate and DOM total would be less than the ebay total...

Me too! I want a cage so I can try harder stuff and not worry about it!

Yeah, I need one too for my 87 Waggie.....heck I almost rolled it on flat ground Saturday....lol
There is suposed to be someone in the Bedford area that builds cages for Jeeps including Cherokees for $250 and that includes tac welding everything in place but I don't know of anywa to get ahold of them...anyone know?

Me too! I want a cage so I can try harder stuff and not worry about it!

I hear ya, those landscape designs at the mall are getting tricky and I think that if you took a different line on them you might roll :D

IMO if you have a friend or a decent fabrication business that can do it for you for a good price go with them... everyone has a little different expectations for their cage than the next guy, even if its as small as making minor adjustments for different body size, getting in and out etc. youll be pleassed when you end up with something that doesnt have any of those "this bugs the f*** out of me" little details (mine has some and yes they do bug the f*** out of me ;)). just my .02 cents

... plus helping them bend it and install it is worthwile experience and it can be fun

All great points... I'm waiting for a return phone call to ask some of these questions.

All my free time lately has been working on my house.. With the lack of time and wanting a roll cage before Harlan in july ,thought this might be a way to go.

Brian what do you need from me to figure out a design and a price??

I want to keep the use of my rear seat area and don't want a differcult time getting in the front seats.With safety first...
If you can cut and bend it ,I can install it and weld it at my home. Heck , I'll even come down and help cut and bend if you want teach a old dog some new tricks.

Nick

Brian,
If you get a better price with a large quantity maybe getting several orders together will help. I'd like to get just the material and cut and bend etc myself but can't get a decent price on metal so if you order some let me know and in the meantime I'll figure up what I'll need if that works for you.

JS

I hear ya, those landscape designs at the mall are getting tricky and I think that if you took a different line on them you might roll :D

Kiss my ass! Them curbs are rough sometimes. :D

I can get the steel pretty reasonable (group orders are welcome).

Nick, estimate the number of feet, use a tape measure, and estimate the number of bends you will want and I can work something up for you.

Thanks Brian, I'll let you know what I need, I'm in no rush so you can order it whenever you want, and hopefully some others will order some too.

JS

Back