• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Eastern NC? anyone want to wheel?

Mpeckham22

NAXJA Forum User
as of this far I cant find anywhere to wheel, or anyone to really wheel with that I know... Im at Camp lejeune, and had an easier time finding trails in Mass, anyone in the area willing to take a desperate wheeler?
i got an xj running 37's, 5.13 gears and long arms... i dont care if its just easy stuff... i cant seem to find anything closer than the uwharre, post or pm
\mike

Dang, if you were closer i would be more than willing to ride with you. Seems odd that there is nowhere near a Marine Base to break your 4x4 LOL! If you get over to the North Alabama area let me know. Plenty to ride up here

URE is probably the closest. You are unfortunately on the coast.... sort of. There are some other places but they are further then URE and most are private and only open certain times. Right now I'm fixing things on my heep. I would definitely try and attend the crawl in July. Isn't Redheep there or that area too?

The only thing I can think of would be beaches along the outer banks that you can drive on, but I understand that being out in the salt can get old. I'm with Glenn in thinking URE is honestly your closest bet

The closest trail riding is URE. There are a couple offroad parks in Raleigh that are invitation only and there's a mud pit, I mean offroad park, down by south of the border on I95.

Harlan is 7.5 hours from here. URE is 3.5. There are several beaches you can drive on, but it's camping, not wheeling.

NC4x4.com would be the easiest place to find people to wheel with in the Raleigh area. Otherwise, welcome to the side of NC that is flat. Camp Lejeune was built on a swamp that no one else wanted, that's why they gave it to the Marine Corps. I don't know what your MOS is, but orders to 29 Palms are what you want if you want to be stationed somewhere to go wheeling.

Gulches is going to be fun this weekend. Sucks my Jeep is in pieces and I can't go.

A friend of mine in the Marines is home this weekend for the first time in a long time, so I skipped this trip, but I know my buddy chris has flopped twice, killed a 39 tsl, probably a few other things, my brother sheered the trackbar bracket but they welded it back together... Haven't seen many pics but several videos and dumbassery lol.

All I have heard is that its been a badass weekend.

Back