• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Earth Day in Calico April 22nd

jrowell

NAXJA Forum User
Come wheel with Goatman and I as we celebrate Earth day! April 21st-23rd. Calico ghost town near Barstow. 4 runs Saturday ranging mild to wild... with Dinner and Raffle Saturday night. Night run on Friday? Straggler run Sunday?

Proceeds benefit Stewards of the Sequoias... Helping keep public land open to the public.
Register online at: www.Bakersfieldtrailblazers.org

Any questions HMU!

The Hotel there is sure to fill up. Make your reservations soon, even if you may have to cancel. Most are staying at the Ghost town. If you are camping there, try to get around the Circle... that's where diner and raffle are.

Bumping this back up. Working hard on the raffle. Have a Hawaiian vacation, Chromolly axle shafts, Winch, Shocks, plus more! Come hang out and go wheeling, great dinner and Raffle! You can register at bakersfieldtrailblazers.org

Jeremy

Hey Jeremy,
There appear to be two "circles" in the campground, I'm assuming you mean the large one already all booked up?
Also, I bought my first XJ (first 4 x 4 in 30+ years to be honest) in August and have been working on it diligently ever since. Time to get it out and get it dirty.
I could use a run not too difficult, but not too easy either. Any of your runs fit that bill?
I'm assuming the runs are on Saturday with most people arriving on Friday at the campground?
Thanks,

VF

Last edited:
Come wheel with Goatman and I as we celebrate Earth day! April 21st-23rd. Calico ghost town near Barstow. 4 runs Saturday ranging mild to wild... with Dinner and Raffle Saturday night. Night run on Friday? Straggler run Sunday?

Proceeds benefit Stewards of the Sequoias... Helping keep public land open to the public.
Register online at: www.Bakersfieldtrailblazers.org

Any questions HMU!

hmm......maybe!

I guess I should talk to the guys and see if they want to meet up in JV before then.....

Hey Jeremy,
There appear to be two "circles" in the campground, I'm assuming you mean the large one already all booked up?
Also, I bought my first XJ (first 4 x 4 in 30+ years to be honest) in August and have been working on it diligently ever since. Time to get it out and get it dirty.
I could use a run not too difficult, but not too easy either. Any of your runs fit that bill?
I'm assuming the runs are on Saturday with most people arriving on Friday at the campground?
Thanks,

VF

Sorry for the late reply! Yes, the large one is already booked but the spurs off of it are really close. Just get as close as you can. We will have a run that fits exactly what you want to do. There could be a Friday night run, otherwise all runs as well as the dinner and raffle are Saturday night. Look forward to meeting you there. Make sure you register (bakersfieldTrailblazers.org) so we are able to bring the right amount of food. Thanks!

Jeremy

Oooooooo, this sounds fun. I don't know if I'd be able to camp, but if the Jeep is up and running, I'd love to come up for the day, do some scenic stuff. :)

Come on out! Just got a second set of Chromoly Axle Shafts from Ten factory! Some cool stuff in the raffle including 2 sets of Chromoly axle shafts, a Hawaiian Vacation, flares, diff cover, winch, lift kit, shocks, hundreds in gift certs, knives, gun stuff, and lots of other stuff. This a is a great event and I'd love to have a grip of XJ's there to wheel with! HMU if you need more info. You can register at www.bakersfieldtrailblazers.org

A week away! If you are free, come wheel with me!
I am overdue for cleaning up at a raffle, way overdue.

Skwerly you'll need to bring your own Astroglide to the DMV. They were out last time I was there. It was painful, very painful.

:wow:

Target is right down the street from the Redlands branch.

Last edited:
I registered the other day but I'm pretty sure we will just come down Saturday and not camp. Any thoughts on where I might park the tow rig out there? Never been to calico.

Calico Ghost town has a huge parking lot, although you will have to pay the day use fee to get in. There is Odessa Canyon that has multiple spots to drop tow rig and trailer.

07a45245cc9cef98949be5d479215466.jpg
Bring your money! Over 80 prizes ranging from $50 to $1500!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back