• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dust from your Jeep is destroying the world...

if there talking about gilmer, it just might be true

I heard about that this morning.

I just admitted to listening to NPR.

Since Howard Stern went to Sirius, I haven't found anything else to entertain me on my commute, so I try to improve my awareness of the world around me by listening to the news.

nothing will be improved by listening to the news

Ramsey said:
nothing will be improved by listening to the news

That's not entirely true.

Regardless, at least now I know how much closer we are to being wiped out by avain flu or terrorists or pollution or etc.

perhaps a lot closer to one of those this weekend:D

JeeperG said:
...Well its on NPR so it MUST be true....
:bs:

Probably not so much BS as obscure science. You'd be suprised how dust get's around.

NPR has a tendancy to be Pro-Environment, far Left opinionated. This isn't all bad, IMO if it wasn't for PBS and the activism in the 70's lake Erie would still be burning. Still...too far left is poor balance.

I drove though Nebraska Fri night. Dust storms. Wind was a 40-50mph cross wind. Sometimes you couldn't see the truck in front of you out 5 car lengths. When I drove through again Tuesday, I could see why. Poor soil managment. Many fields were corn and were recently planted. No trees, so no natural wind barriers to prevent the top soil from blowing off to the neighbors field. No Jeeps, just poor managment of resources.

Lawn Cher' said:

Since Howard Stern went to Sirius, I haven't found anything else to entertain me on my commute, so I try to improve my awareness of the world around me by listening to the news.
Just get Sirius man, I've got it in both cars and it's "teh awesome"

I live in West Texas. The Rocky Mountains got nuthin on us when it comes to dust. The concern over a few tires and hooves is ridiculous. You should see the area around here during cotton harvesting and ginning time.

Lawn Cher' said:

Pacifica, man!

j/k BBC World News is about as straight as it gets, and that ain't all that straight.

Zuki-Ron said:
Probably not so much BS as obscure science. You'd be suprised how dust get's around.

NPR has a tendancy to be Pro-Environment, far Left opinionated. This isn't all bad, IMO if it wasn't for PBS and the activism in the 70's lake Erie would still be burning. Still...too far left is poor balance.

I drove though Nebraska Fri night. Dust storms. Wind was a 40-50mph cross wind. Sometimes you couldn't see the truck in front of you out 5 car lengths. When I drove through again Tuesday, I could see why. Poor soil managment. Many fields were corn and were recently planted. No trees, so no natural wind barriers to prevent the top soil from blowing off to the neighbors field. No Jeeps, just poor managment of resources.

Zuki has a point. Dust is a problem. Trying to blame it on Jeeps rather than un-restrained development, poor agriculture techniques and natural occurence is stupid.

Back