• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Durhamtown Tellico ride-Memorial Day weekend

Georgia Mike

NAXJA Forum User
Since it appears this ride has slipped through the cracks, I figured I'd get an official thread going for it.

We will be going Memorial Day weekend. What's the general consensus for days? I'll probably be coming in Saturday morning and will ride that day, and probably Sunday, too. We have a bunk cabin rented for Saturday & Sunday nights at Crawford's Campgrounds, and will leave out Monday morning.

Who's in? Post up!!

:clap:

I'm in. I'll get a campsite. I'll come in Friday afternoon and leave Sunday after the ride likely.

Please do! For those that are interested this is the Campground Mike is talking about!

http://www.crawfordscg.com/

Booked a tent site for Friday Arrival.

Booked my site. Arriving Friday about 6 or so. Will have to install a tie rod once I get there. Cannot wait to wheel here again!

Had a great weekend. Enjoyed it and will be returning as often as I can. There is so much to see that we still have not seen.....

Now for pictures!

Buzzard's Roost Overlook:

Plane Crash:

Elevator Shaft:

Steep and rutted at the bottom and covered with loos dirt. Needs to get worked in.

Dozer Slide I believe.

Lots of rocks here but need to be uncovered by trail traffic to be really exciting.

Rock Garden on Rocky Rd:

Looking up:

Looking down from top:

Lunch at the bowl:

The damage:

The obstacle:

Do they have good trails for smaller rigs (33's)? It looks like a great park.

Do they have good trails for smaller rigs (33's)? It looks like a great park.

Yes Ed. They have more of the smaller easy trails then anything. I have yet to get to the end of the 12 mile Tellico Rd. The park right now being so new is not worked in yet. I have a few more in the Camera but I left it at the house.

That looks like a fun place to ride......possible a road trip??? Would it be worth the drive over?

That looks like a fun place to ride......possible a road trip??? Would it be worth the drive over?

Check how for it is for you guys? It's Crawford's Campground Murphy, NC I think it is. I drive/tow 5 hours to go there and will do it again as soon as I can. Probably some time after the Crawl.

Would this be fun on a dual sport? Looks like something my bike would loss.

We saw more side by sides running around then anything. A few dirt bikes and only a few jeepers. I'm not sure what a dual sport bike is but if it's a street/trail bike then yes. They have about 40 miles of trails most of them easy. The ones I ran across that are extreme are steep and rocky but the rocks are still under dirt.

I would love to make it back to Tellico, I haven't been since 2002. 8 hour drive though...

I understand 100%! It's 8 - 9 hours easy for me to Harlan! One reason I want to see this park succeed so bad is it's got the ability to be challenging and is almost half the distance of Harlan! I would like to see an event there for NAXJA!

Back