• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Durango 8.25 axle....could it work?

i guess im not the only dealership tech that rat holes parts that might be good to have somedey..:rof: a machine shop might be able to redrill the durango shafts but there may be interferance from existing holes.

justin

bigazxj said:
i guess im not the only dealership tech that rat holes parts that might be good to have somedey..:rof: a machine shop might be able to redrill the durango shafts but there may be interferance from existing holes.

justin

:D

Redrilling the axle is a good idea;)

If the above guys are right about the 8.25 shafts also reading "Durango" on them (I think mine did too, although it may have said "Dakota") then that would mean the axle is the same width as the 8.25 in our XJs.

As far as I can remember they are SUA...

And if you want to change the bolt pattern, you can always use a wheel spacer/adapter although that can be a bit pricey.

Yup it a SUA

awhile back i measured the length and it seamed that it would stick out 1"......I thing on each side so a wheel adapter would only amplify that problem.

Flash.

Hmmm i now that the hosing is longer then the xj.......going to halfto get the tape masure out again......

thanks for the link!!!

OK the 2002 Durango spec are as fallows

From inside of backing plate the inside of backing plate is 56.5"

From inside of backing plate to rim suffice is 4.5"...x2s

So total length is 65.5" if my math head is working to day.

any on have spec on the XJ.

Not to concerned with spring purchase and axle pattern.....just yet. cause i now that that they will need to be replace some way or a nether!

Flash.

to sort of answer my on question i got a chance to put a tape masher under an XJ to day that had the stock 8.25 in it!!!!!

the 2002 Durango 8.25 is 3" total longer! thats only 1.5" wider per side...... tires could fix the with probem.

Now all i have to fig out is how much it would caust to put spring purch on top of the axle and add shock mounts cus i don't weld,,,,,,o ya new axles or redrill original axles.

Thanks, to every one for your input on this...a.....thought in motion!:yap::D

Back