• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop Brackets Done!!

lot more clearance lost on longarms, as they meet at center crosmember? way further back than the LCA's above. Friend in longarm tj couldnt keep up with the SOA yj's that i rode with once because he smacked the long arms on the ledges...

wish i has pictures, but dont have the money for either set up on my own rig....

I'm just wondering why no one uses rear drop brackets, me and a friend were thinking of them because then you wouldn't have to run a heavily arched and stiff leaf pack to get the lift out of it.

We can't think of a downside to it but maybe you guys can point one out that we havn't seen?

I'd never seen the front ones before and now that I have I think its a great idea.

I don't think rear drops would be very good, think of the torque applied to dropping the leaf mount down, you'll need serious bracing for that (think of it this way, the rear axle sees torque 100% of the time).

If you want to run flat springs I'd just put blocks in with the help of a traction bar to keep wrap down.

Yeah you would need to reinforce the front leaf mount I guess. Mine is already somewhat with a peice of 1/4" plate connecting it to the frame rail from when I redid the floor.

As for a block, everything I've read about them is bad, that they ruin your springs and stuff.

Oh and I'm just talking about moving the mount point (the main bolt that runs through the eyelet) down about 2".

Spanky414 said:
I'm just wondering why no one uses rear drop brackets, me and a friend were thinking of them because then you wouldn't have to run a heavily arched and stiff leaf pack to get the lift out of it.

We can't think of a downside to it but maybe you guys can point one out that we havn't seen?

I'd never seen the front ones before and now that I have I think its a great idea.
One guy on here did just that. Do a search and you'll find the thread, with pictures.

Back