• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

drained my bank account today lol

cound the # of teeth on the ring, then the # of teeth on the pinion, and that ratio is your gear ratio. how well should my d35 hold up to the new 33s? i was wanting to go play this weekend but i dont have any money left to fix it if i break it so i need to know how gentle to be on it. the shop called me today and told me that they ran into some problems on the rear. he said the front went on fine, then they broke off 2 bolts in the rear uniframe, and they were having quite a time getting it done so it wont be ready to pick up till tommarow.i think i can wait another day so its not that big of deal.

I work for everything I have and I pay for all my hobbies, well my 2 right now, drums and jeep. I wouldn't have it any other way. I love knowing that what I just got I paid for when everyone else has brand new cars that their parents paid for that they don't know how to work on....or wait...work, they don't even know what that is.

lankchevy said:
cound the # of teeth on the ring, then the # of teeth on the pinion, and that ratio is your gear ratio. how well should my d35 hold up to the new 33s? i was wanting to go play this weekend but i dont have any money left to fix it if i break it so i need to know how gentle to be on it. the shop called me today and told me that they ran into some problems on the rear. he said the front went on fine, then they broke off 2 bolts in the rear uniframe, and they were having quite a time getting it done so it wont be ready to pick up till tommarow.i think i can wait another day so its not that big of deal.
that's the way to count, but it's sometimes hard to see the pinion or you lose count on the ring gear; the two numbers should be stamped in the ring gear, divide those.

a d35 can survive on 33s if it's not locked, but you better be light on the gas and carry spares.

didnt you jus say you do everything yourself and what not?

why arent you putting the lift on yourself?

those bolts breaking are easy.. punch a hole in yer floor and get ERRR DONE!!

i've had 2 xj's now, and 2 bonneville's and 1 s-10 truck.. and I have bought them all myself.. no joke, everything.. bought and sold and such and worked my way up. and iam only 18!!.. i've done 2 lifts on XJ's and right now doing a radiator swap as we speak.. dude.. go get yer truck and do all your own work.. its more fun that way!!!!!!

BigBlk XJ said:
didnt you jus say you do everything yourself and what not?

why arent you putting the lift on yourself?

those bolts breaking are easy.. punch a hole in yer floor and get ERRR DONE!!

i've had 2 xj's now, and 2 bonneville's and 1 s-10 truck.. and I have bought them all myself.. no joke, everything.. bought and sold and such and worked my way up. and iam only 18!!.. i've done 2 lifts on XJ's and right now doing a radiator swap as we speak.. dude.. go get yer truck and do all your own work.. its more fun that way!!!!!!

i do normaly do all the work on my stuff, but right now i dont have the time to do it myself. now that i think about it this is the first time i have had someone work on one of my vehicles exept when i had to get the frame pulled on my camaro when i was fixing it. and its not the shock bolts that are giving them the trouble, its the bolts that go thru the unibody on either the front eye of the spring pack or i think its the top shackle bolt. they told me it should be ready today so when i get it ill look and see which one it is, when he told me the problem i was at work and trying to do something else and dont rember which one it was he said.

kolby

Markus said:
How says kids have it easier than adults. I'm 20 and I work for everything I have. I buy everything I need myself. I pay for my clothes, rent, my fancy mountian bike, my snowboard stuff, everything to do with my jeep (insurance, gas, tires, lift, and maintenance), and my tools for work (Snap-on and Mac aren't cheap). I have worked since I was 15. I held down a job, played baseball and basketball, and went to school (with honour role). Now tell me it's easy being a kid. I don't think so.

Talk to me when you have kids. You have no clue. There is nothing easier than simply supporting yourself and nobody else. I'd like to have the option for extra curricular activities, but as of now the days aren't 50 hours long :D.

You sound like you have a great work ethic. It will come in handy when other people, even loved ones, own all of your time and money. If that doesn't sound good, stay single and never have any kids. Lonely, yes, but difficult? Staying single and making money is the easiest thing in the world. Just ask your mother.

Nay

8.8 axles still on a car should still have the tag on them, attached with a couple of the cover bolts. It will have an 88 in the number somewhere for the ring gear size and a 373 or 410 for the axle ratio. Remember to weld up the center housing to the axle tubes while you have it laying around out of the truck, much easier then. I'm running 33's with 3.73's with my AX15 5 speed. I like it just fine. 2400 on the freeway, 20 MPG. I little quick of course on some trails, but I'll fix that someday with a deeper transfer case ratio.

Later,
Jer

i have 3.55s with my aw4, i got my jeep back this evening and put the 33s on, was gonna wait to trim the fenders but when i turned the wheels to check it decieded it wanted me to have to trim NOW. so we took the front flares off and trimmed then drilled new holes and pulled the flares back and gained an inch and a half or so. then i drove home about 7 miles and all i can say is WOW these tires are freakin quiet compared to the almost worn out 35 inch baja claw radials i had on my cj. and my lift rides pretty good concidering its not broken in yet. i was worried about vibes since im still running stock LCAs and track bar with a relocation bracket. when i drove it with the 225s on before i put the 33s on, it had a little vib at around 30, then after the 33s were on its now gone! this thing looks SOOOO much beter. now i think all i need before i go play very hard is some new front brake lines that are longer, how much is a good price for yj lines? dont they have the same fittings but are longer? or should i just fab up a drop bracket and be happy?

kolby

Ususaly you can get away with just relocating the existing lines down. Just straighten out the bend in them and use a self tapping screw to re install the bracket.

Hey Marcus, Great speech. But try it with a family onch. I'd love to able to do it on you budget. Not saying nothing wrong with it or anything but it could be harder.

Back