• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DPG belly skid + big round catalytic convertor

I think I'd have them put in a flex coupler close to the manifold too, to reduce stress from hitting the muffler on something, or dragging the tailpipe. Anyone know about those? Do they leak or anything like that?

Hmm.. $114 for a Magnaflow cat at O'Reilly. Not legal in California though-- does that mean it doesn't work as well as the one I have now?? I would rather not increase emissions.

23226.jpg

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/s...year=1999&make=Jeep&model=Cherokee&vi=1431776

$90 at Quadratec http://www.quadratec.com/products/71410_100_07.htm

Better option than cutting the skid?
This unit would almost certainly decrease your emissions but if it doesn't have a CARB EO number it is not legal. Thanks smog nazis :smsoap:

I think I'd have them put in a flex coupler close to the manifold too, to reduce stress from hitting the muffler on something, or dragging the tailpipe. Anyone know about those? Do they leak or anything like that?
I used a flexible section about 9" long that I got from an RX-7 exhaust on mine in the section right in front of the crossmember. I have had no cracks in the header since then.

You have to watch for other stuff when you do this. My cat is right next to the floor and it now has a puncture wound from a seat bolt.

Early models must be different. There's nothing at all above my cat. Looks like where you have a seat bolt, I just have a seat stud that is completely flat on the underside of the body. Above the muffler is totally clear except for the aluminum heat shield of course. I was more worried about heat transfer through the floor than I was about potential obstructions. Thanks for the heads up though.

I used a flexible section about 9" long that I got from an RX-7 exhaust on mine in the section right in front of the crossmember. I have had no cracks in the header since then.

I wonder if it's possible to put one ahead of the oil pan where the pipe drops down vertically. That way any part of the piping that can scrape would be isolated from the header. Is it OK to have a flex coupling in tension like that?

The pipes ahead of the cat are all 2.5" right?

I wonder if it's possible to put one ahead of the oil pan where the pipe drops down vertically. That way any part of the piping that can scrape would be isolated from the header. Is it OK to have a flex coupling in tension like that?

The pipes ahead of the cat are all 2.5" right?
If you can find one the right length I don't see why you couldn't do that. The flexible section would be O.K. like that as long as the whole weight of the rest of the pipe is not hanging on it. I think the majority of the pipes stock are 2-1/4 but mine was not stock when I got it so I'm not sure.

If you can find one the right length I don't see why you couldn't do that. The flexible section would be O.K. like that as long as the whole weight of the rest of the pipe is not hanging on it. I think the majority of the pipes stock are 2-1/4 but mine was not stock when I got it so I'm not sure.

I'm getting a cat put in for $190 and a flexible section for $75. They're putting the flex section where the pipe first starts going straight back. I will feel a lot better about my exhaust system knowing that if I hit it on something it's will bend rather than stress the whole thing.

Back