• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doorless window switch relocation

DimaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Getting ready to go doorless. My window switches went out a little while back so I figure I'll just rewire the whole thing.

I don't even care to try to understand the purpose of all the wires in the door harness.

The window regulator has two wires, the speaker has two wires, the door locks are beyond broken. So that's four wires total.

Here are the results. (Have not yet pulled the stock harness, but it's not doing anything.

The blue wire will get a simple four pin connector.

zapata3e.jpg

Dissected a stock switch assembly that I got at a junk yard. (Really though I just used some wire snips to cut out a part of the circuit board)

e6a6uzet.jpg

And now my front window switches look like this.

5utame7e.jpg

Put in a couple resistors for the LEDs. And wired to the fuse block so everything is always on, even with the key out.

6uqa5ynu.jpg
out.

this came out much nicer than i expected when opening the thread. it would be pretty trick to get all four in that location like the JKs have, and then get the armrest piece from a manual door to get rid of the door ones.

Re: Re: Doorless window switch relocation

this came out much nicer than i expected when opening the thread. it would be pretty trick to get all four in that location like the JKs have, and then get the armrest piece from a manual door to get rid of the door ones.

Yeah, I was thinking that with the manual door panels. They should bolt right up I'm assuming.

The manual ones bolt in, they still have a switch for the power locks tho.

You can mix/match the panels. The manual panels have a blank for the door lock and switches. The drivers door has a mess of wiring as it can control all the windows. Just curious, but why not run that cable through the stock location and retain the rubber boot, it will keep the wire from getting chafed, or snagged when you get in or out of the jeep. You can build a quick disconnect from weatherpack or anderson power poles, which make removing the doors easy.

Re: Re: Doorless window switch relocation

You can mix/match the panels. The manual panels have a blank for the door lock and switches. The drivers door has a mess of wiring as it can control all the windows. Just curious, but why not run that cable through the stock location and retain the rubber boot, it will keep the wire from getting chafed, or snagged when you get in or out of the jeep. You can build a quick disconnect from weatherpack or anderson power poles, which make removing the doors easy.

I felt this would be easier. The loop is small enough to where I don't think it'll ever be in the way. Also it won't ever get pinched in the door.

Depending on how far you want to take it, here is what I did in the effort to keep my power windows but keep wires to a minimum.

Switches from a 'burban

Untitled by xj bmx, on Flickr

Got some Deutsch connectors

Made some mounts at work

To go here

I deleted the power locks so I have only two wires that go to the door now. I still need a rubber pass through boot for the door side.

Whoa sorry about the size

Back