• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doorless II

Here is the tube door design. It will be painted the body color (Sienna Pearl) with flat black insert bars.

XJ2.jpg

Last edited:
i cut my doors off mid february (i live in central jersey) n now i always drive around with a hoodie n carhartt on lol. wayyy too much fun without em

hey sunburned and ritter

doorless is legal in md and va as long as you have side mirrors on. it is illegal in pa for some reason, they ticket a few rigs in our club everytime we head up to rausch creek.

harley mirrors work really well!

its not legal on a mil. base for their safety reasons. gotta remember the laws change when you get on base. gotta follow the mil law at that point. they require the motor cycle guys to wear a blaze orange vest while on base but va and md dont require one to be on the road.

Thank you very much, I already have mirrors to bolt on, just wasnt sure if it was legal, and need my parents OK, which probably wont happen.

The doors now slip on and off like Wrangler doors. I used the McMaster Carr bronze bushing inserts that match the hinge pin diameter. No sag and they open and close perfectly.

The upper hinge.
DSC_1111.jpg

The lower hinge.
DSC_1112.jpg

DAMN! that thing is SEXY! What front axle and steering do you have in there? That steering is ginving me a serious case of "Gotta Have It!"

I have a 96 Xj and did the doorless mod a few years ago. I modified the hinges and welded grade 8 bolts on. I was able to get them lined up so the doors actually fit better than they came from the factory.

It was fun for about a day. After that it became miserable and I haven't removed my doors in 2.5 years.

Honestly, who wants to have everything blow around when you're on the highway, gravel, mud, dust, dirt, water, etc fly at you when you're off road? Don't even think about leaving anything of value in your rig.

Need to go some where in the rain?? YEAH RIGHT!!

CONTROLLED CLIMATE FOR THE WIN!!!

in NC the only law that you need to remember for going doorless is that you need 2 of 3 mirrors (left, right, and rear view, choose 2)

As of my inspection class 3 years ago you had to have either the two side mirrors or the center rear view.

I may be wrong but that's what I remember.

As of my inspection class 3 years ago you had to have either the two side mirrors or the center rear view.

I may be wrong but that's what I remember.

Hmm well idk, i had mine inspected in raleigh and im at ECU right now, so well see what they say. Just got a job at jiffy lube today :)gee:) so maybe i can get a free inspection. Better be able to if im gonna be a damn grease monkey :mad:

Back