• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door wind noise/leak

I know what youre getting at with the silicone idea, but a better bet would be to use some adhesive backed foam strip of some sort. Heck maybe even the loop end of a sticky backed rool of velcro might be enough to get your door to seal better. It's only like $5 or $10 so you can always try it first and if it doesnt work, then goto door bending.

I have also heard of the vasoline on seals to help seal better. However I don't think that is good for a rubber seal. Plus if you bumped the seal with your jacket or something then it would be mess.

klennop said:
I have also heard of the vasoline on seals to help seal better. However I don't think that is good for a rubber seal. Plus if you bumped the seal with your jacket or something then it would be mess.

On the other hand silicone grease, (there's one brand called "sil-glyde" that comes to mind) might help a little. It is useless for closing any real gaps, but can prevent water leakage when sealing is marginal. I found it really did work on the openable vent windows of an Xj, when they seemed to resist all other attempts to stop them from leaking. Anyway, it's less messy than vaseline and it is kind to rubber, so even if it's useless it's harmless too.

Back