• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door Removal

dewalt recipricating saw did it in a heartbeat, just had a hard time getting it in there without banging it into things.

Is it possible to rent one? I doubt I'll need to have one all the time

edit:
I just looked up what they were, and I'm going to rent one since I've done it before in order to cut my fenders.

I was going to do that mod a couple of years ago but instead of running doorless I was thinking of doing a safari doors or yj inspired xj half doors all around on my 4 door xj but dropped the idea because of getting them to latch securely and not swing open when I took a turn or driving off road.

I had the same problem, getting mine off. I just used a pair of vice-grips. It took a while, but got the doors of without any cutting.

hankgaston said:
I had the same problem, getting mine off. I just used a pair of vice-grips. It took a while, but got the doors of without any cutting.
How?

jeepinxj05 said:
How do i get my lights to stay off with the doors off? I know there is a fuse for it but when its unplugged, the cd player won't work and i need my tunes. Any ideas?

If you dont mind not having the dome light permanently off with the doors open (wether they are off or not) just unplug the door sensor. If you still want the option of a courtesy light when you open the door, grab a dome light off a car with a on/door/off switch attached. I got mine off a Geo metro I had in my back yard, but I'm positive they came in many other cars.

A small rocker switch could be placed in the wire for making the door switch "think" that the door was closed no matter weather it was or not.

A door like this is the best of both worlds if you ask me.

chinamans01a.JPG

Daryl

Back