• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door Leaks

Tommy4949

NAXJA Forum User
My driver's side door leaks at the top. I thought it was a bad seal, but, upon inspection, I noticed that it isn't even touching the seal at the top and isn't flush with the back door on the outside. One day we got 12" of snow and I had a small snow bank on the armrest.

I read a post that mentioned using a 2x4 to get it back into shape, but I couldn't find the thread that mentioned how to do it. So how do you get the top part of the door back to where it is supposed to be? Thanks.

stick it in the front/bottom and push the door in from the back/top. It will probably "give" just enough to solve the problem.

This is assuming you have tried to adjust it correctly and still cannot close the gap. (the hinges are bolted to the pillar into plates that will move and allow some measure of adjustment)

Back