• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Don A Vee Jeep Really...

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
So, my co worker has a 2015 Jeep JK he bought about a year ago.

The pass side door lock lever no longer works. And, the rear glass defrost element feed wire where it attaches to the rear glass fell off.

He takes it to Don A Vee for warranty.

They tell him cause he tinted his windows, the "added resistance of the tint on the glass prevents the current to flow to the element and caused it to fall off". And the added thickness of the tint on the pass window, rubbed against the pass door lock rod in the door, and caused it to push it off the lever in the door.

Really... Of all the other things they could have used. Like its lifted with aftermarket shocks, causing a more rough ride and knocked both off. Or that with no rain the past year, it didnt lube the rod in the door. Or that because he has removed the hard top a few times that the window connector didnt like that, even though the disconnect is 3 ft away and not even close to the window.

What a joke..

If you ever need anything Jeep related, I suggest you look to another dealer. Don A Vee does not support the brand they sell any longer. They once was a dealer I recommended people to goto. But now, they prove that they will say and do anything they can to avoid warranty or customer service request...

Its the risk one takes when modifying a vehicle under warranty.

Who cares what you recommend anyhow..... :conceited

Last edited:
Yeah that place has gotten a lot worse since changing over to Premier.

Dad went in for an oil change on his JK a while back. They called to tell him that his head gaskets were done. He was like .. oil change. "its the same thing." they told him.

Picked the car up and the trans dipstick was missing. It took them 2 days to find it.

I had problems with them since the change to Premier. Don A Vee was pretty good. I've been told that back when it was Brian Chuchua Jeep it was a great dealership that treated customers like extended family.

i am pretty sure all dealer service departments suck. Tons of horror stories about jeep denying warranty repairs on JK's. Hope mine never has a warranty issue.

BTW - Robert, can't remember if your just selling, or if you got a gear install source? One of these days I need to regear my JKUR. Currently running K02 37's on the factory 4.10's. Would be a bit more enjoyable with 4.88's

i am pretty sure all dealer service departments suck.

The one at the local dealer was excellent. That is until the new owners took over. Good ones are out there but they're getting harder and harder to find. I think it's a greed thing.

Back