• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dome light stays on

95sport

NAXJA Forum User
hi i have a 95 jeep xj 2 door sport and my dome lights wont shut off at all they stay on with all the doors shut and with the switch turned off i have no clue what is wrong with it but its reall getting to me if any body could please help me

Thanks
95sport

Check the button that is on the ceiling light in the rear cargo area. Also try pushing in on the door switches by hand.

I've had mine stay on because of the cargo light switch, door buttons and corrosion on the wire bundle splice under the drivers side carpet.
On some model XJ's there was a rubber end on the door switch, when this wore through, it could cause the switch not to open when the door was closed. Sometimes the rubber end would just fall off. The rubber end on the switch plunger was a sometimes thing, on some switches it would cause problems, on others it seemed to have no affect. I guess the difference was normal fabrication tolerances.

Back