• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does this look bad to anyone else

BRIANHO13

<- Yum Chocolate
Sorry for the large pic.

2a5knth.jpg

yes. that looks bad to me too.

what are those splines from? i once had a splined shaft that wasn't hardened properly look a little like that. but the end near the shaft was also twisted about three degrees. the shaft didn't break but prop vibed and wobbled like you wouldn't believe.

If you look at it next to the other axle this one is starting to twist, if you look real close you can see it.

that is a 31 spline axle out of a 9"

BRIANHO13 said:
If you look at it next to the other axle this one is starting to twist, if you look real close you can see it.

that is a 31 spline axle out of a 9"

yup that's what i was talking about.

were these stock shafts that were in a jy axle or did you order these custom and alloy?

if jy axles i'd pitch em and get something stronger. if alloy i'd hve a long talk with whoever made them. IIRC you have a doubler and are capable of putting an enormous amount of torque on those shafts. i suspect stockers won't cut it.

I would also question the amount of spline engagement on that - why does it only look like the last 25% is really affected?

I wish I were so lucky, last two 9" I had both died from R&P failure.

cumorglas said:
yup that's what i was talking about.

were these stock shafts that were in a jy axle or did you order these custom and alloy?

if jy axles i'd pitch em and get something stronger. if alloy i'd hve a long talk with whoever made them. IIRC you have a doubler and are capable of putting an enormous amount of torque on those shafts. i suspect stockers won't cut it.

those are stocker axles. I am looking for a good deal on 35 spliners as we speak.

I need to watch what I say around here, good memory on the doubler.

vetteboy said:
I would also question the amount of spline engagement on that - why does it only look like the last 25% is really affected?

I wish I were so lucky, last two 9" I had both died from R&P failure.
you can see where the splines are really clean abot half way down the spline so I am assuming that is where the engagement is.

BRIANHO13 said:
those are stocker axles. I am looking for a good deal on 35 spliners as we speak.

I need to watch what I say around here, good memory on the doubler.

i remember yours mostly because that is where i heard of the box4rocks kit. after spending an enormous amount of hours doing mine from scratch i felt exceptionally stupid seeing a kit that reasonably priced.

definitely go for the beef. from someplace that will be there to talk to later.

Back