• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does a Zip Tied battery count? NAXJA regulation

Magus2727 said:

I was trying to find what the NAXJA rules are (since that is what the chapter said the vehicle had to conform to NAXJA regulation). I searched and could not find anything.
Don't sweat it man, go have a good time at the event.
Most people around here mean well; sometimes you have to turn the crap filter up to high, though.

As for Blain, well, that's a whole 'nother story!
:firedevil

Bent said:
Don't sweat it man, go have a good time at the event.
Most people around here mean well; sometimes you have to turn the crap filter up to high, though.

As for Blain, well, that's a whole 'nother story!
:firedevil

Yeah, but if you turn your crap filter up high enough, you'll not even know he's here!

bcmaxx said:
A friend of mine had his 06 f150 lightning stolen,thrashed and burned, he asked the cop if there was sign of a jimmied igntion, the cop snickered and said other than the shell, all they found was a puddle of aluminum on the ground where the motor once was. That jeep doesn't look that bad!

Thats funny because i am pretty sure FURD never made an 06 Lightning. I am pretty sure they stopped in 03 :dunno:

Magus2727 said:

I was trying to find what the NAXJA rules are (since that is what the chapter said the vehicle had to conform to NAXJA regulation). I searched and could not find anything.

http://www.naxja.org/html/bylaws.htm

Its at the very end. You'll notice it does specify the event inspector holds the final say, which does mean he can be more strict than is posted there as he feels necessary.

FlexdXJ said:
Thats funny because i am pretty sure FURD never made an 06 Lightning. I am pretty sure they stopped in 03 :dunno:

you are abolutely right, my bad. I don't know what trim level. It was whilte had 22's and ivory leather interior. shouldn't assume. not a ford guy

It was a lariat

Last edited:
Magus2727 said:

[FONT=&quot]I feel like having two metal rods that could possibly break the tabs off leaving metal rods flying around the engine bay, tarring my belt up, crossing the terminals of the battery, putting a hole in the radiator... all the fun things that metal rods would do. Would be worse than a HD zip tie going through body’s sheet metal. [/FONT]
My jeep's been beaten on pretty hard and I'm still using the original battery tray and hold down. 13 yrs old, 156k miles. I don't think its a huge concern for it to go flying around.

Back