• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does a Zip Tied battery count? NAXJA regulation

As MWC tech inspector I can tell you that a rachet strap will not pass MY tech, nor will bungee cords, zip ties, bailing wire, tape, etc.

PROPER tie downs only.

HTH

Rev

Rev Den said:
As MWC tech inspector I can tell you that a rachet strap will not pass MY tech, nor will bungee cords, zip ties, bailing wire, tape, etc.

PROPER tie downs only.

HTH

Rev
'Bout time someone of authority chimed in on this thread. Thanks Rev.

Why do some people insist on being half-azzed with simple (and cheap) safety items?

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Yucca-Man said:
'Bout time someone of authority chimed in on this thread. Thanks Rev.

Why do some people insist on being half-azzed with simple (and cheap) safety items?

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Quit, you're going to give Rev a big head, he has no authority!!

But I will echo him, you wouldn't pass a tech inspection I was running.

Does Naxja own the place you're wheeling at? If not, I doubt they can stop you from wheeling.

I know I'll probably get roasted for saying that, but I'm sort of against the "big heads" and "power crave" that I sometimes thing exists in these type of environments, with chapter presidents and whatever.

Just what I think :)

Magus2727 said:
got a strap at auto zone for a few bucks (3.99 i think) so I am covered.

So let's recap:

1. You asked for advice.
2. You were told what not to do.
3. you disregarded advice and did it anyways.

Don't ask for anymore advice, your obviously more intelligent than everyone here....

Blaine B. said:
Does Naxja own the place you're wheeling at? If not, I doubt they can stop you from wheeling.

I know I'll probably get roasted for saying that, but I'm sort of against the "big heads" and "power crave" that I sometimes thing exists in these type of environments, with chapter presidents and whatever.

Can NAXJA stop you from wheeling? NO. Can a Tech. Inspector stop you from wheeling with the group? YES. It's not about having a "big head" or "craving power", it's called Safety. We don't want to see anybody hurt. While some of us (no names) :smootch: may be azzhats on here, you won't see it on the trails. JIM.

ILLXJ said:
Can NAXJA stop you from wheeling? NO. Can a Tech. Inspector stop you from wheeling with the group? YES. It's not about having a "big head" or "craving power", it's called Safety. We don't want to see anybody hurt. While some of us (no names) :smootch: may be azzhats on here, you won't see it on the trails. JIM.

Well said Jim.

:thumbup:

Blaine B. said:

:roflmao:
How was my advise big headed or power craving?

Blaine B. said:

Yeah, whatever makes you feel big and smart tough guy.

Nominated.

Blaine B. said:
Yup, in bold BLACK letters.

EDIT: Seconded.

the event is getting put on by my chapter, so I would have to say yes to they could stop me from wheeling or having fun with the rest of the chapter.

For the time wasted on this thread about battery hold downs a guy could have driven to a wrecking yard and had a fistfull of hold downs!!!

bcmaxx said:
For the time wasted on this thread about battery hold downs a guy could have driven to a wrecking yard and had a fistfull of hold downs!!!.
Magus2727 said:
got a strap at auto zone for a few bucks (3.99 i think) so I am covered.

He did.

bcmaxx said:
For the time wasted on this thread about battery hold downs a guy could have driven to a wrecking yard and had a fistfull of hold downs!!!

Well Sorry!!

I have some 3" long .5" wide zip ties that would be able to wrap around the battery a whole lot better then the battery tie down I got from Atuisum zone.

The factory battey tray I have has one of the J rod mounts broken off. The zip tie could have gone around the frame giving me a better mounted battery than any tie down any one else could sell. So seeing the tray broken on a jeep that previously had never seen any thing more then pavement, makes me wonder how well the new tray and new J rods will stay if (heaven forbid) I do flip, get air, or other things that would knock the battery around.

Bent said:

just trying to make a point. I wouldn't of wasted my time posting, I just would have got one.

Kinda like asking if I will pass tech with a super soaker instead of a fire extinguisher.

bcmaxx said:
Kinda like asking if I will pass tech with a super soaker instead of a fire extinguisher.

SEARCH!

:laugh2:

bcmaxx said:
just trying to make a point. I wouldn't of wasted my time posting, I just would have got one.

I was trying to find what the NAXJA rules are (since that is what the chapter said the vehicle had to conform to NAXJA regulation). I searched and could not find anything.

[FONT=&quot]I feel like having two metal rods that could possibly break the tabs off leaving metal rods flying around the engine bay, tarring my belt up, crossing the terminals of the battery, putting a hole in the radiator... all the fun things that metal rods would do. Would be worse than a HD zip tie going through body’s sheet metal. [/FONT]

God damnit boy your stupid's showing.

If your battery try is busted up junk then yes. A new (OEM) battery try will last a good ten years though as long as you don't put the nuts on the J-Bolts on with impact. It's when they get old that they break.

Back